Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Message To Masterpiece...

threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    illuminati, who are you to tell me how i should react? I take it that you have no in-depth thoughts about it and just skim the issue. I know it was meant as a joke, but not all jokes are funny. I suggest that if you have something to say to me, you should PM me. If you read carefully, what i said was not an argument provoking piece, it was an informing piece.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by masterpiece21@15 April 2004 - 03:57
    and id just like2kno,why pull my sigs down
    All your arguments about it being unfair and you still miss the point.

Even if the pictures weren't racist or contoversial they would have been removed. Read the Avatar / Signature Size rules.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by threelions00@15 April 2004 - 13:12
    illuminati, who are you to tell me how i should react? I take it that you have no in-depth thoughts about it and just skim the issue. I know it was meant as a joke, but not all jokes are funny. I suggest that if you have something to say to me, you should PM me. If you read carefully, what i said was not an argument provoking piece, it was an informing piece.
    I'm not trying to tell you how to react. It's easy to overreact about a joke and I've done it before myself. You can feel what you want on the subject, but the fact is that by airing this out in public a few people (especially a certain few ) are likely to come in and start getting involved (or turn this into a joke) when in reality they shouldn't, myself included.

I have my own thoughts on the issue - I have to deal with matters of Equal Opportunities (that includes racism, sexism, etc) practically every day as it's part of my job in real-life. A part of that job is to realise whether someone's pissing about or whether someone means it. Another part is to diffuse certain situations where racism, sexism etc is used to justify an argument or a fight without making it persona to myselfl, as otherwise such situations gets a lot worse. Just because you don't see me give my view doesn't mean I don't have one - I just choose not to air it for a reason.

If you want to I can air my thoughts to you in private, but it was you who started this topic so you needed to hear it on the level of media you chose. I recite what I said earlier - If you didn't want to get people to come into this argument, the worst place to put it is in public.

As for the piece itself, I agree that it was an informative piece of text on the issue. But my last post wasn't directed at the original post but the flaming in the subsequent posts between you two. And as the title implies, it was directed at Masterpiece instead of the rest of the members and could have been PM'd to him.

If you wish to air your views, feel free to - This is the Lounge afterall. However, don't make a mountain out of a molehill or in this case don't make a public case of a one-on-one issue. I've done it before and I've ended with more problems than I've started, the same with a few other regulars.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    Illuminati,im happy atleast 1 person saw it as funny and not racist or offensive.and hey,im a 56k user too!now i understand if the pic was too big then take it down,understandable.but cum on i kno not all of mine were too big and i think certain people,not gonna say any names,are jsut reportin my sig cuz they dont like me or for sum fucked up reason!btw i am not a wigger waht so ever,not sure waht gave u that impression? more of a computer nerd tho most describe me as a weird freak so how ab this,if my next sig offends ANY1 be4 u report it why dont cha PM me and tell me why it offends or w/e u gotta say,ok?make life ahell of alot easier
    oh ya,if anything, i usually beat on wiggers;wiggers,child molesters,and rapeist r people that jsut plain old suck in my book

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    so how ab this,if my next sig offends ANY1 be4 u report it why dont cha PM me and tell me why it offends or w/e u gotta say,ok?make life ahell of alot easier
    So why don't you make your next sig one that won't offend and is within the rules? Ok? Make life a (no hell) lot easier.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.aluminiumimaginationawards.co.uk/2001/SAINSBURYS.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Chetwood Associates' Sainsbury's store on Greenwich Peninsula, winner of the 2001 Aluminium Imagination Awards

......that's actually a Sainsbury's apparently :helpsmile:

7. Lounge   -   #17
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    VB1234,u say jsut to make 1 thats not offensive?well i thought all my other sigs wouldnt b offensive,but look how that turned out?so ill put up w/e i feel like and we'll c how it fairs from there on......

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by masterpiece21@15 April 2004 - 17:08
    Illuminati,im happy atleast 1 person saw it as funny and not racist or offensive.
    I found it humourous because it carried a sense of sarcasm. The sig itself however was racist to a degree and as proven it offended more than one person. That was enough to take it down.

A month or two ago, a signature was removed because a] it was too big, and b] It was offensive towards people with disorders and/or disabilities. That sig was removed so I agree that the same should have happened with this sig, which did happen.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    h1

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley@15 April 2004 - 23:07
    What in the name of Tim Henman did I say or do to offend Illuminati ?

I don't complain about your posts being virtually unreadable (who is a mod now I see) so why have a go at me ?
    I rest my case

Nah, you're alright Fugs - Hadn't seen you around so I thought I'd just see if you'd pop out when I mentioned your name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast