Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is There Someone

Poster
    Who if you were to lose them unexpectedly, you would give anything to have them back for a wee while. You would give anything just to let them know how you feel.

If you haven't spoken to that person for a while, then why not do it. Pop round and see your Gran for half an hour, or phone her and just say hello, how you doin'. It will only take you a couple of minutes and will make her feel great. Don't do it during her fave TV prog tho'.

This goes for the older amongst us as well, phone your Auntie Nelly or pop in to see Uncle Wullie on the way home.

There will come a day you will wish you were able to do it.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i just came back from seeing my family ova the long weekend and i done all of that - so that saves me a phone call
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Who if you were to lose them unexpectedly, you would give anything to have them back for a wee while. You would give anything just to let them know how you feel.
    That person has just turned 19, and she doesn't speak to me anymore.

Anyway, great advice. I wish I realized this before my grandfather died - though I am spending more time with the grandparents now.

Any particular reason for this deep insight ?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@13 April 2004 - 21:25
    That person has just turned 19, and she doesn't speak to me anymore.

Anyway, great advice. I wish I realized this before my grandfather died - though I am spending more time with the grandparents now.

Any particular reason for this deep insight ?
    No reason at all, it just occurred and I thought I would post it.

It is perhaps the best piece of advice people will ever get. They just don't realise it until it is too late to take it.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by J'Pol@13 April 2004 - 20:28

It is perhaps the best piece of advice people will ever get. They just don't realise it until it is too late to take it.
    Indeed it is J'Pol...the very best.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    a great topic J'pol

If i could spend time with someone it would be my grandma who died about 8 months ago. Even if it was just a phone call :'(

7. Lounge   -   #7
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    all that cost money that i don't want to spend on ppl i don't want to see or talk too!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bujub22@13 April 2004 - 20:42
    all that cost money that i don't want to spend on ppl i don't want to see or talk too!
    ...what with the price of stuff and all that...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by J'Pol@13 April 2004 - 20:19
    or phone her and just say hello, how you doin'.
    My line

Good post JP, I've lost some friends and loved ones and I never got the chance to say goodbye, something I will carry as a weight on my shoulders for the rest of my life.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    To the chaps who have lost people and wish they had spent the time with them. Or could spend some time with them now.

We surely learn by these mistakes and we will not let it happen again. Make the call or the flying visit to those you have left. It will make you both happy, in fact it might make others happy as well, who knows.

In fact, why not do it as a tribute to the absent friends. It may ease some of the pain you have that you cannot tell them how you feel or spend just an extra hour with them.

To the chaps who have not lost someone yet, learn from our mistakes not your own. One day your gran will not be here and you will wish you could just pop in on the way home. So do it while you still can, it will make her day and it only needs to be a small part of yours.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast