Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Peace Offer From Bin Laden

I think most people here have credited OBL with having at least a fair bit of intelligence, which is why this initiative imo is clearly not a serious peace offer. Is there anyone who seriously thought for a second that any European leaders would actually accept such an offer? Obviously none of them would and I reckon OBL knows this just as well as we do. The more i think about it the more the tape seems like just another 'threat' about getting troops out of muslim countries, dressed up as something much more likely to draw media interest and perhaps even a bit of (very very weak) psychological warfare.

Personally i thought the most intelligent line in the entire thing was
    It is known that security is a pressing necessity for all mankind. We do not agree that you should monopolise it only for yourselves.
    Probably just because it made me think about the situation from a slightly different perspective, ie that we're increasing our security at the expense of other people's, which although a long established practice, leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by MalaDzen@16 April 2004 - 09:10
    Hey, guys

From a muslim persons perspective, I believe that he is fighting against the oppression of muslim people and for Islam. Ofcourse i do not condone his actions and the way he is going about fighting his war against the suppression of the Islamic faith by Western world is not the right way.

I come from a country where there was ethnic cleansing of muslims and many members in my community feel that we have been victims of suppression of the muslim people. And just like the palestinians and the cheychens we were up against a force stronger and more armed than ourselves and yet nothing was done to stop the killing of my people.

What I dont understand is, when a Palestinian 'terrorist' attacks the jewish people we call out "terrorist attack" but when the israeli army uses Guns and bombs to kill Palestinian civilians and to drive out these people from their homes, no one says a thing. It is just allowed to go on endlessly, whilst American keep supplying Israel with military supplies so they can continue their killing of the Palestinian people.

Basically in my view this has happened in many places where muslims have been attacked and it has simply been ignored by the rest of the world. If I had been driven out of my home and my people were being killed everyday, and no one was listening to my cries for help, F*ck I might even consider blowing myself up.

Now I know im gonna get my ass whipped for writting this

But im not saying Osama Bin Laden is doing the right thing in killing innocent people, remember that he has also killed many muslims in the name of Allah.. but he may possibly be serious about this peace offer, if muslims are allowed to live in peace around the world, and their pleas for help are heard

May allah(swt) lead all of the muslims of this world on the right path.
    If this was just about oppression of Muslims then where is this in America?

It seems more like a land issue to me with two nations predominately made up of differing religions.

If I shoot you, it doesn't necessarily mean I shot you because you Muslim.

America primarily is in this due to being powerful and supporting an enemy of Palestine.

As I said if OBL wanted to galvanized Muslims against America it sure has worked.

I'll never respect or admire OBL and the like for they target innocents to get their point across.

They are too stupid too realize that the only thing it does is galvanize us to wipe him out.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Alex H,

Sorry no chance to read the exchange between you and busybody, but I base my impression of Bin Laden on 9/11, but apparently that was just a western media event used to brainwash me against him, eh?

My blind agenda is to be a little dubious about a peace offer from the author behind 9/11 and other attacks. Yep, good call.

Maybe it is time to understand that I have access to every single media source you do via the web. The brainwashing of America by the media is becoming a little trite. I can give you a link to the Beeb if you need it. And the Hitler comment, no politically correct post in World News would be complete without it. Chapeau!

Get a clue man, anyone who plans such an event is suspect to say the least when he offers a "peace" plan.

You failed to explain how Islam can be freely practiced in the US without problem, but for some reason the US is attacking Islam. Religion is the ploy to help unify people who would otherwise be fighting amongst themselves.

Look at good old Iraq. Once you eliminate the tyrant, the citizens have nothing to be unified under. In fact, they now realise that they don't like one another and racial and ethinic divisions are being drawn. They don't want to live and work together, they want to kill each other.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    My body is Adelaide but my heart is in Bosnia
    YES IT is usually a land issue, but the point is that those who are killing the muslims over land issues ARE NOT being stopped !!!!! THAT IS THE ISSUE

When was the last time anyone heard anything about the Cheychen war?? IT has been conveniently swept under the rug whilst those people are still being killed and controlled by the Russian army. Why doesnt anyone aid them...WHY..because America, or any other Western country for that matter will not gain any benefits from it...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 April 2004 - 14:25

Look at good old Iraq. Once you eliminate the tyrant, the citizens have nothing to be unified under. In fact, they now realise that they don't like one another and racial and ethinic divisions are being drawn. They don't want to live and work together, they want to kill each other.
    They havent "Just Realised" anything...

I told you last year the only options for Iraq.

Nothing i have seen in the last 13 months has changed my opinion on them

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    lol, why are so many of the posts from ages ago screwed up? Oh and I just noticed that you can read the messed up post(s) if you quote it

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    It's laughable that Al-Quada thinks they can cohersed Europeans into cease and desist by a few kidnapping, Europe knows all to well the Scourage of terrorism and it hollow promises. Terrorists have no honor and can't be appeased that is demonstrated with the Muslim extremists latest weapon, children suicide bombers. Al-Quada doesn't speak for all terrorists and is not the authority controling all terrorism that's giving far to much credit that they are not due.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Europe knows all to well the Scourage of terrorism and it hollow promises.
    A lot of papers over here have been making comparisons with the early-20th C bombing campaign by the Anarchists. They, too, were part of a belittled and mistreated group of people of which a few stepped up and tried to press their point with violence.

There were two ways of dealing with the situation : hunt down the bombers and end the campaign with force, or change the situation of the working class by improving their condition and giving them the rights they deserved.

Point of the story : fighting the war on terror is fighting the symptoms. Fight the cause - the inequality in the world, imperialism, the way we look down on the Islamic world - and the terror will lose it's feeding ground.

This is a lost battle - for it can only be won by helping the "enemy" *.

* not that the Islam is the enemy, of course. Just using the simplified view of you-know-who.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@16 April 2004 - 18:32
    Europe knows all to well the Scourage of terrorism and it hollow promises.
    A lot of papers over here have been making comparisons with the early-20th C bombing campaign by the Anarchists. They, too, were part of a belittled and mistreated group of people of which a few stepped up and tried to press their point with violence.

There were two ways of dealing with the situation : hunt down the bombers and end the campaign with force, or change the situation of the working class by improving their situation and giving them the rights they deserved.

Point of the story : fighting the war on terror is fighting the symptoms. Fight the cause - the inequality in the world, imperialism, the way we look down on the Islamic world - and the terror will lose it's feeding ground.

This is a lost battle - for it can only be won by helping the "enemy" *.

* not that the Islam is the enemy, of course. Just using the simplified view of you-know-who.
    Like executing woman who refuse to wear burka's, executing alcohol drinkers and any other trivial infringement on Islamic law some "loony tune Cleric" declares.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    ^^ symptoms. Not cause.

Times of crisis are a feeding ground for religious extremism. Just look at the US right now.

EDIT : I'm not blind, there's no reason to shout.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast