Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peace Offer From Bin Laden

Originally posted by SeK612+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeK612)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Possibly it was to create a division between Europe and the U.S or expand on the rifts that are already present. Maybe to refine the point that the U.S are the main target of these terroists and they feel that Europe has been caught in between.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Biggles

It could be because he has people in place to attack and knowing that all the Governments will refuse this offer be able to say "we offered you peace your Governments chose war - change your Governments and I will reconsider"[/quote]

Maybe he is wondering if he&#39;s bitten off more than he can chew and wants to concentrate on the US.

Its interesting to note that while the Western governments call him a terrorist, he acts like a Warrior-King. You can tell he is smart and very much in control of his army. Personally, I don&#39;t think that letter sounds like a ransom demand, but an actual peace offer.

The killing of the Russians was after their invasion of Afghanistan and Chechnya; the killing of Europeans was after their invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan; and the killing of Americans on the day of New York [reference to 11 September] was after their support of the Jews in Palestine and their invasion of the Arabian Peninsula.

Also, killing them in Somalia was after their invasion of it in Operation Restore Hope.
    It&#39;s interesting that if you want to fight, you have to have a flag to wave, otherwise you are called a terrorist. War, waged by Western countries or Islamic militants is still wrong though, and I&#39;m not impressed by either&#39;s actions.

A rational person does not relinquish his security, money and children to please the liar of the White House.
    I&#39;ll agree with him on that one though.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by Alex H@16 April 2004 - 02:13
    Personally, I don&#39;t think that letter sounds like a ransom demand, but an actual peace offer.

That is the most laughably naive post I have ever read.

He is not out for peace, how could anyone think this, anyone, under any circumstance.

I normally would not put this World News but

Oust your governments, remove troops from our soil, kill the Jews... then we will play nice. Holy shit Alex, holy shit&#33;
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Um, why is that naive? Before 9/11 he said he was going to attack the US. He did. He said he was going to attack US allies. He did. Now he says he wants peace. Going by his previous track record he means what he says. I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll all have lots of great reasons why this is not true, but just because someone is a bastard doesn&#39;t necessarily mean they are a lying bastard.

The Europeans are going to back the US and won&#39;t take up the offer so we&#39;ll never know if he&#39;s serious.

He does actually have a goal you know, and it&#39;s not just continual slaughter. He wants to make sure that Muslims won&#39;t be pushed around and shows it by fighting back against people who repress them directly or help others who are.

Maybe he is satisfied that his enemies have spent trillions of dollars trying to find a one guy in a cave. Thats a pretty good achievment, if you consider a body count isn&#39;t the only way to hurt your enemy.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Are you kidding me? His motivation is based on religion, his views are absolute.

You have let your agenda against the American government blind your judgement, you are absolutely lost, absolutely.

Declaring pain against an enemy is obvious, suggesting "peace" when nothing has changed is a political tactic.

Explain to me how the US is attacking a religion since we have many Islamic people in the US practicing their religion freely.

This has nothing to do with religion to people in the US, nothing. Bin Laden is using the religion card to help garner support.

I work with Muslims, I talk to them daily, this has nothing, nothing, nothing to do with an attack on a religion.

The man is a rich, crazy mother fucker.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 April 2004 - 02:51
    Are you kidding me? His motivation is based on religion, his views are absolute.

You have let your agenda against the American government blind your judgement, you are absolutely lost, absolutely.
    You have let your agenda against bin Laden blind your judgement.

At least you know where you stand with a religious opponent. Their views don&#39;t change much, unlike elected governments who will put as much spin as they can on anything that will make them look good.

Remember that the vast majority of the media is Western values orientated, and whether it is deliberate or simply implied, according to the western newspapers and TV, Osama bin Laden is bad.

Declaring pain against an enemy is obvious, suggesting "peace" when nothing has changed is a political tactic.
    So how do wars end then? Wars are all the same: Two guys, usually sitting in expensive chairs, decide they don&#39;t like each other so lots of young men and women kill each other until...what? Diplomacy and politics take over and the situation is diffused.

Accept for a moment the idea that Osama thinks of himself as a leader and protector of Muslims. Also accept that he is intelligent. Now as George W Shrub has shown us, going to war is generally bad for your people. Seriously, are Americans better off now than before the War on Terror? It has drained so many resources away from important things (like schools, hospitals, health care, etc) and what do you get out of it for the country? A vague promise that your country is more secure?

We can see from Hitler&#39;s example that taking on too many opponents and fight your war on many fronts. Peace with the EU would allow bin Laden to concentrate on the US and specific allies like the UK and Australia. He&#39;s not dumb remember: he eluded the entire coalition force in Afganistan and still has an army (that was responsible for Madrid)

Ok, you&#39;re willing to accept western propaganda, but don&#39;t call me blind for trying to look at both sides of the story.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Alex H @ 15 April 2004 &#045; 22:36
    Um, why is that naive? Before 9/11 he said he was going to attack the US. He did. He said he was going to attack US allies. He did. Now he says he wants peace. Going by his previous track record he means what he says. I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll all have lots of great reasons why this is not true, but just because someone is a bastard doesn&#39;t necessarily mean they are a lying bastard.

The Europeans are going to back the US and won&#39;t take up the offer so we&#39;ll never know if he&#39;s serious.

He does actually have a goal you know, and it&#39;s not just continual slaughter. He wants to make sure that Muslims won&#39;t be pushed around and shows it by fighting back against people who repress them directly or help others who are.

Maybe he is satisfied that his enemies have spent trillions of dollars trying to find a one guy in a cave. Thats a pretty good achievment, if you consider a body count isn&#39;t the only way to hurt your enemy.
    Oh god you are more screwed than I previously thought.

hobbes took some of the words right out my mouth.

You actually believe that this guy fights for MUSLIMS?

If anything OBL has made the stereotype of Muslims worse....
    ....therefore helping create unwarranted persecution for Muslims.

OBL is creating this catch-22.

He blows up the WTC in the name of Islam.
    Then asks ALL Muslims to rise up against "oppressive America".

A Muslim indifferent to the situation just might be treated badly due to OBL&#39;s actions, not the other way around...ya think?
    ...........but I guess all of OBL&#39;s actions are just so dandy for the Islamic religion.

This reminds me Hitler and some white supremacists in general. They believe that once they rid world of everyone but their race that there will be this "heaven on earth".
    If these people realized, they will fight amongst their own race because evil is evil whether you are black, white, American, Muslim, or European. There will always be someone who is bloodthirsty for power.

It&#39;s easier to unite when unite for or against something. OBL is using Islamic freedom to unite people for a war.

I see in Alex H&#39;s case that it works for non-Muslims too.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by AlexH
    Ok, you&#39;re willing to accept western propaganda, but don&#39;t call me blind for trying to look at both sides of the story.
    I didn&#39;t say I agreed with him dickhead.

And yes I believe the guy thinks he fights for Muslims. Thats what he believes, so that explains why he does what he does.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Well my post was written, not posted, before your "great explanation".

You sure did clear things up.

Originally posted by Alex H
    "Oh and just because he murders innocents doesn&#39;t mean he lies tooooooo"

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    What exactly has he lied about?

And how many Iraqi civilians have been killed by US soldiers? Innocent people get killed in wars. That is the nature of war: people die.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Accept for a moment the idea that Osama thinks of himself as a leader and protector of Muslims. Also accept that he is intelligent. Now as George W Shrub has shown us, going to war is generally bad for your people. Seriously, are Americans better off now than before the War on Terror? It has drained so many resources away from important things (like schools, hospitals, health care, etc) and what do you get out of it for the country? A vague promise that your country is more secure?

I guess the US should sit down and wait for an attack. Idiot, terrorists will blow up your school, your hospitals, and where would you go for health care.
    I don&#39;t support Bush in regards to Iraq but I do regarding OBL (for the most part I don&#39;t like Bush though).

You sound like a rollover queen. You are dirt under a bulldozer.
    "If we lay down, he&#39;ll stop hurting us".

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast