Thread: Software Problem

OK, so I DLed a program from KL, and I go into the media thingy, and I double click on it to open it. It asks me if I'm sure, it could contain virus, blah blah blah, I say yes, open the wanker. It shows me th hourglass for a second or two, then disappears. Normally, the file would open then, but no. So I go to the shared folder, find the file, and try to open it from there, and the same thing happens (minus the virus message) It's a .exe file, and I have WinZip, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Ant help would be vastly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Do you have an updated anti virus installed? If so, run a system scan. If not, get one

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=56265
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    how big is the file? if it is a big file and it has the blue and white software icon it could be an .iso image with a .exe extension and wont run, people rename them to .exe so kazaa lists them in software and not in images (which is what an iso is ) you may need to change the extension (the last 3 letters ) to .iso or .bin.

open any folder and then tools>folder options>view and untick the box " hide extensions for known file types" and apply then right click on the file rename and change the last three digits to iso or bin. then open it with winiso or isobuster or just install deamon tools and mount it in a virtual drive

and yeh it could also be a virus, make sure you use a good av when downloading

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    it could also simply be nothing
    as in -
    instead of dwnlding the entire photoshop.exe "setup" aplication
    you dwnldd the photoshop.exe application Minus all the other essentials

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@15 April 2004 - 16:39
    it could also simply be nothing
    as in -
    instead of dwnlding the entire photoshop.exe "setup" aplication
    you dwnldd the photoshop.exe application Minus all the other essentials
    yeh LOL that to

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    OK, I got an AV, checked it, it's got a virus. Should i just DL another file an try that one?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    um...
    what is it
    how big is it?
    did the Av fix the virus?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Dubhguy  Posted on 15 April 2004 - 11:49
      OK, I got an AV, checked it, it's got a virus. Should i just DL another file an try that one?
    Just like some wh*res. I got a virus, so what. Next!