Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems With Roms

Nexus2004
    Hey quick question,
    I have a problem with 90% of the roms I download off of sites like romnation.net or rom-world.com. The downloaded game file will comeplete but when I try run the file I get a window saying that it cant find about 18 missing files. I'm using the FB Alpha neo geo emulator v0.2.94.96. Any reason why this is happening? thanks for help on this...

2. Games   -   #2
    I believe those links are illegal. You should edit them out or this will be closed and this is the wrong section. Should be in Gameworld

3. Games   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Download NeoRageX, its the best Neo-Geo emulator.

4. Games   -   #4
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by Nexus2004@16 April 2004 - 11:53
    Hey quick question,
    I have a problem with 90% of the roms I download off of sites like romnation.net or rom-world.com. The downloaded game file will comeplete but when I try run the file I get a window saying that it cant find about 18 missing files. I'm using the FB Alpha neo geo emulator v0.2.94.96. Any reason why this is happening? thanks for help on this...
    1 quick question spawns 5 more:
    • Are you sure the ROMS are fully compatible with the emulator?
    • Is the emulator a recent and stable version?
    • Are you using a download manager or proxy software that may be corrupting the ROMs?
    • Have you had similar trouble with other types of downloaded files?
    • Have you tried getting the same ROMs from other sites, and if so, does the problem remain?

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    i recommand NeoRageX

also here's a good site for some games

The Rom Hustler
    <span style='color:white'>______________________</span><span style='color:white'>______________________</span>

[ eMule Verifieds | Simple Guide Burning Bin/Cue Files | Kazaa Lite Codec Pack ]

6. Games   -   #6
    Nexus2004
    Thanks alot for the insight guys and my apologies about posting in the wrong spot. Ok everything sounds good except I havent been able to download a working copy of NeoRageX. Can somebody post a direct link. I went to http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-50884/emulator/rage.htm but I had no luck....
    Thanks

7. Games   -   #7
    if you&#39;re using Windows 2000 or XP, the last official version of Neo Rage X was only meant to work in DOS or Win95/98/ME. you need to get the hacked/updated version.

go here:
    http://www.zophar.net/neo-geo.html

get the Neo Rage X 0.8c update, then replace your old Neo Rage X exe file and zlib.dll file with the files from the update. presto, it should work in WinXP, and it accepts more roms than the older version did.

8. Games   -   #8
    Nexus2004
    thanks again for the help but I am still having a problem. When I go to START>PROGRAMS>NeoRAGE I get a pop up window stating, " Unable to load NeoGeo Syatem Bios rom &#39;neo geo.rom&#39;&#33; ". I went to http://www.zophar.net/neo-geo.html and downloaded Neo-RAGEx v0.5b and then downloaded the upgrade v.08c but I keep on getting that pop up window. I did replace the NeoRAGE.exe with the updated version but no luck again...My OS is windows xp.... help plz&#33;

9. Games   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Not sure about those emulators, but in order to play Neo-Geo games with MAME you need to have a special BIOS rom in addition to the actual game roms. It&#39;s called neogeo.zip.

10. Games   -   #10
    Nexus2004
    hey where can I download neogeo.zip???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast