Thread: Sims8 In 1 Cd Problem

Im installing Sims8 in 1 onto a:
    • 666Mhz Celeron
    • 384mb ram
    • 32mb ATI Radeon 7000 gfx card
    • 3.4gb free hard drive

But when it asks for cd 2 i put it in then after abut 5 seconds it asks for cd 3 then after 5 seconds of that it asks for cd 2 again and it continuesllike that. The 5 seconds that the cd is in there it is heat to some of the hotest temps i have seen a cd i pull it out and i can feel how hot it is. Anyone else have this problem? Got each cd from suprnova.

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    i had no problem installing the game. Maybe its just the system your installing it onto

3. Games   -   #3
    I installed it perfectly fine into my 667 celeron. Runs good. And done even have a video card.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Games   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    try mounting them. most likely a burn and read error

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Works fine for me too.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@16 April 2004 - 18:11
    But when it asks for cd 2 i put it in then after abut 5 seconds it asks for cd 3 then after 5 seconds of that it asks for cd 2 again and it continuesllike that.
    Does it come with like a windows error to put CDx (x = 1, 2 or 3) not the installer?!? if so i had this problem and i kicked around it. when it asks for CD2 goto where you installed it and and copy it somewhere else on your HD then cancel out of the installer, delete the directory you were installing it in.

Now recreate that directory and put all the contents that you copied back into the folder and restart the installer it MIGHT not come up with the CD problem anymore

Good Luck

B) Joey
    <span style='color:white'>______________________</span><span style='color:white'>______________________</span>

[ eMule Verifieds | Simple Guide Burning Bin/Cue Files | Kazaa Lite Codec Pack ]

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@16 April 2004 - 21:24
    try mounting them. most likely a burn and read error
    She only has a 4gb hard drive and were not in the same houe anymore. As soon as it asks for cd 2 it asks for cd 3

I still have the images on this pc i think so i&#39;ll try and install it onto here by mountin and see how we go...

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by joeyipod+17 April 2004 - 01:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joeyipod @ 17 April 2004 - 01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@16 April 2004 - 18:11
    But when it asks for cd 2 i put it in then after abut 5 seconds it asks for cd 3 then after 5 seconds of that it asks for cd 2 again and it continuesllike that.
    Does it come with like a windows error to put CDx (x = 1, 2 or 3) not the installer?&#33;? if so i had this problem and i kicked around it. when it asks for CD2 goto where you installed it and and copy it somewhere else on your HD then cancel out of the installer, delete the directory you were installing it in.

Now recreate that directory and put all the contents that you copied back into the folder and restart the installer it MIGHT not come up with the CD problem anymore

Good Luck

B) Joey [/b][/quote]
    No, the installer box opens up like the box and asks you to find SIMS8IN1CDX.PAK (X=2,3) and as soon as i put in the cd and navagate to where it is it asks for the next one...