Thread: Aerogate II

Hey, just wondering if there is any way to disable the alarm permanently in the Aerogate II fan controller.
    my reason for this is because my heatsink (gigabyte 3d cooler) has it's own specific fan controller so I have just an 80mm fan in the cpu spot of the Aerogate instead, however this makes the Aerogate think that the HSF is not spinning fast enough or something, because when I start up my comp I get an alarm from the Aerogate (not my mobo, but the actual fan controller), so I just push in the dial to disable the alarm and away I go, but I wanna know if there is any way to permanently disable the alarm so it doesn't come on after every boot up
    and it's not the overtemp alarm because my temps are quite low 38 idle and 45 load, so I don't wanna hear any "the alarm going off means your temps are to high", because they are not
    can anyone help?
    thanks
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    K,
    I don't have an Aerogate controller, nor have I ever seen one up close, but it seems like there should be an adjustment for the warning level.

No?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by clocker@16 April 2004 - 22:12
    K,
    I don't have an Aerogate controller, nor have I ever seen one up close, but it seems like there should be an adjustment for the warning level.

No?
    That's what I figured to, but I am not entirly sure where to find it...
    Bios would be just my mobo alarm set wouldn't it? or does having the Aerogate II installed overide the mobo alarm with it's own??
    hmm i'm really not sure....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    does the beeping noise come from the mobo or from the fan?

if its coming fron the fan, then ull prolly end up killing the warranty by doin this but oh well:theres a little sticker on the back of every fan. (warranty will void after this step) peel it. after that you shouldnt have much trouble taking the fan apart. once inside if u see a little cylinder with a hole on the top (with metal visible thru the hole) this is the beeper (should be rather small.) there are prolly 2 wires going to it. kill those wires. close the fan, and u shouldnt have to worry bout it anymore lol
    if ur paranoid about voiding the warranty,
    DONT DO THIS!!!

if it connects to ur mobo then get a 3-pin to molex plug and plug it into a molex. that way no thermal info will make it to the mobo.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia@16 April 2004 - 21:47

if its coming fron the fan, then ull prolly end up killing the warranty by doin this but oh well:theres a little sticker on the back of every fan. (warranty will void after this step) peel it. after that you shouldnt have much trouble taking the fan apart. once inside if u see a little cylinder with a hole on the top (with metal visible thru the hole) this is the beeper (should be rather small.) there are prolly 2 wires going to it. kill those wires. close the fan, and u shouldnt have to worry bout it anymore lol
    DONT DO THIS!!!

if it connects to ur mobo then get a 3-pin to molex plug and plug it into a molex. that way no thermal info will make it to the mobo.
    he gets the beeping for his aerogate fan speed controller, not the fan. and no info is going to the motherboard, its plugged into a fan speed controller instead...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+16 April 2004 - 23:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 16 April 2004 - 23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@16 April 2004 - 21:47

DONT DO THIS&#33;&#33;&#33;

he gets the beeping for his aerogate fan speed controller, not the fan. and no info is going to the motherboard, its plugged into a fan speed controller instead... [/b][/quote]
    then disconnect any wires hitting the beeper on the fan controller

thats better than voiding the warranty

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by atiVidia@17 April 2004 - 00:47

the fan controller only plugs into one molex, so i don&#39;t think there are any wires I could kill for that, nothing plugs into the mobo from the fan controller.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by kaiweiler+17 April 2004 - 08:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaiweiler @ 17 April 2004 - 08:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@17 April 2004 - 00:47

the fan controller only plugs into one molex, so i don&#39;t think there are any wires I could kill for that, nothing plugs into the mobo from the fan controller. [/b][/quote]
    open up the fan controller (this could void a warranty as well ) and look for a beep speaker which has 2 wires (usually 1 black and 1 red) and kill those

dont kill any molex wires that will f00k up the entire fan controller

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Alright, I fixed the problem
    the alarm was going off because the fan I had in the CPU spot wasn&#39;t spinning fast enough to cool a cpu I guess, so I switched around some of my fans and now in the CPU spot is one of my faster case fans, so now the Aerogate thinks the fan is spinning fast enough to cool the CPU (which the fan isn&#39;t even covering, the fan is an exhaust at the top of my case lol) but now the alarm has stopped, so it&#39;s all good
    thanks anyway though guys

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    That was going to be my next suggestion....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg