Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Now?

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Hi big style noob question here I'm new to bittorent and was wondering what I do now with the v/nearly finished d/loads that I no longer have links for and no peers, a couple of them are soooo close to being finished.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    If there are no more peers or seeds you're out of luck, you can go to the site where you downloaded them from and see if they have a forum where you can request a reseed.

This software is supposed to convert Bittorrent downloads into.part files for emule/overnet it may is interesting to you. However I havent tried it out myself.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks I'm just starting to d/load it now, as you can see I'm new to bt been using emule upto now but I'm impressed at the speeds Bt reaches and the ease of use its just the finding files I'm struggling with I'm assuming here that the files are specific to the site so if you get the link from that site you wont find the same file on any other site or have I got that bit wrong? Another bt noob question is if other sites have boards that give out bt links then why does'nt this board is it illegal? another thing that springs to mind is if I ask some1 to reseed how will I know they have and when will they do it?

Sorry about the lack of knowledge and searching of the board but I just like to talk to the board

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Well you can find the same torrent on different sites but only if people made the torrent form exactly the same files, for example from group releases of new games.

Im not sure about the legal stance of torrent sites but I believe they arent illegal because they only give out a hash and not the files.

Most sites have boards or are entirely based on forums so its up to the members there if someone who has the file sees your request and decides to reseed. If they do thewy will most likely post so in your thread. Otherwise you'll notice it if you leave your torrent window open.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ahh so best best is to ask some1 to reseed then run the bt and see if it comes back, I'm wid u so far I also had a go at making a torrent last night not sure how I seed, I followed the instuctions in the pinned topic in this forum, then I was'nt sure what to do with it so I just clicked it and left it running but I got the error message rejected by tracker .. this download is not authorised by this tracker, where did I go wrong there?

Bear with me I'm getting there

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    lol which tracker did you use?

Oh and you also have to upload it to a site so that ppl can get it

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Ahh right more to it than that, I'll check and see where it went.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Ok I used trinity tracker 2.0 for my tracker even though I'm not registered there is that where it went wrong? So does this also mean that the list of trackers on make torrent If I want to use them I need to register at them all? and can I add other trackers to the list as a lot of them seemed to be down??

Trying to keep the mind and body strong..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    The new thing is that if you want to use a tracker you have to be regiestered with it. This is to protect the sites form people using it's bandwith in way that would not benefit the people/site that run it (someone is paying for the tracker).

In many cases, if you are caught using someone else's tracker for this seeding of torrents on another site you will be banned form the tracker and site forever.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Every days a school day I did'nt know any of this So Have I to pick a tracker from the list and do my seeding there or is there other trackers I can add to the list?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast