Thread: Avi To Svcd. I Got A Few Progs That Work

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i have been using 3 items to make all my AVI's into SVCD's. here they are:
    TMPGEnc
    DVD2SVCD
    and DV Codec 2.4.4, you WILL need it for 60% of the AVI's you have, if you want DVD2SVCD to work. click here to get the DV codec.

For more info on the useage of DVD2SVCD, you can go here to get it. it is a forum, but these folks seem to know what they are talking about.

The combination of the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack v2.2.5f and the DV Codec 2.4.4 seem to cover all AVI's that i have seen. ( and i have quite a few)

And just so its clear, NOT EVERY DVD PLAYER WILL PLAY A SVCD. I HAVE SEEN JUNK PLAYERS PLAY THEM ALL, WHILE AN EXPENSIVE ONE WONT PLAY ANY OF THEM!

i just wanted to pass this info along. B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@17 April 2004 - 06:13
    And just so its clear, NOT EVERY DVD PLAYER WILL PLAY A SVCD. I HAVE SEEN JUNK PLAYERS PLAY THEM ALL, WHILE AN EXPENSIVE ONE WONT PLAY ANY OF THEM!

Ther are Hacks for this, you know.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    We just steal all our dvd's from Blockbuster Video. Sure beats burning all that good cpu speed.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Originally posted by nostalgia+17 April 2004 - 02:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nostalgia @ 17 April 2004 - 02:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mïcrösöül°V³@17 April 2004 - 06:13
    And just so its clear, NOT EVERY DVD PLAYER WILL PLAY A SVCD. I HAVE SEEN JUNK PLAYERS PLAY THEM ALL, WHILE AN EXPENSIVE ONE WONT PLAY ANY OF THEM&#33;

Ther are Hacks for this, you know. [/b][/quote]
    well...............please share your info