Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Members May Post In Guest Forum

kAb's Avatar Poster
    guests have to wait to post also? thats just retarded. as with jpol, i wouldn't hang around a forum that moderated my posts before they could be posted.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kAb@18 April 2004 - 00:33
    guests have to wait to post also? thats just retarded. as with jpol, i wouldn't hang around a forum that moderated my posts before they could be posted.
    same goes for the polls thing. Any sr. member should be allowed to start polls

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bulio+17 April 2004 - 17:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bulio &#064; 17 April 2004 - 17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kAb@18 April 2004 - 00:33
    guests have to wait to post also? thats just retarded. as with jpol, i wouldn&#39;t hang around a forum that moderated my posts before they could be posted.
    same goes for the polls thing. Any sr. member should be allowed to start polls [/b][/quote]
    I disagree, anybody who has been with the board for say 3/4 of a year - 2 years and was active should be allowed to. anybody can become a senior member within a month now

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by kAb+17 April 2004 - 20:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb @ 17 April 2004 - 20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bulio@17 April 2004 - 17:38
    <!--QuoteBegin-kAb
    @18 April 2004 - 00:33
    guests have to wait to post also? thats just retarded. as with jpol, i wouldn&#39;t hang around a forum that moderated my posts before they could be posted.

same goes for the polls thing. Any sr. member should be allowed to start polls
    I disagree, anybody who has been with the board for say 3/4 of a year - 2 years and was active should be allowed to. anybody can become a senior member within a month now [/b][/quote]
    ya i agree, do that then ill be able to make polls although im not to sure what id have a poll on

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    muchspl2
    I started my first poll today, trust me they are not all that great, besides as soon as you let everyone make polls you will have a epidemic of stupid polls
    polls on polls on polls

as for guest, i think you should just let everyone post/help and remove moderation just use that tool for when you really need it

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Site Owner
    I just changed it. The guest forum is no longer moderated. Posts are submitted right away now.

Brian :-)

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@18 April 2004 - 03:21
    I just changed it.&nbsp; The guest forum is no longer moderated.&nbsp; Posts are submitted right away now.

thankyou brian..

finally made a good decision

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@18 April 2004 - 04:21
    I just changed it. The guest forum is no longer moderated. Posts are submitted right away now.

Seems a sensible move.

You can always change it back if it runs mad.

People should also bear in mind that these things must be flexible. There may be a necessity to moderate the whole thing for a period. If for example we get an attack from a troll, or trollers. When that is over you can consider returning to a more easy going approach.

However if this way works then it is by far the more welcoming method.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@17 April 2004 - 11:43
    Well, at the request of members I have decided to allow members to be allowed to reply in the guest folder.

Brian
    bout time&#33;...i tried to reply there and never let me ....to bad now i forgot how to help what they were askin for

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    It&#39;s a good idea, but I don&#39;t see why the guests aren&#39;t allowed to ask for help about p2p problems in there.
    I remember in the guestroom last year, they were allowed to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12