Thread: Burning Albums To Cd

Hi,
    I'm new at this so forgive me if my questions are very basic. I tried doing a search but coulden't seem to come up with anything. If there's a specific place for me to find these answers I'd be happy to go there if someone would point the way!

Here are my questions:

1. Why are some of the same songs so different in size? I've seen the same song be anywhere from 2MB to as much as 15MB.

2. What does album "wrap" mean? Is that a special type of compression?

3. If you download an album is there any way to separate it into individual songs?

4. I tried to burn some albums to CD - the total size was 468MB but when I tried to set it up to burn the CD it was like over 2500 hours - way out of proportion to what it actually is. Is that because they are compressed?

Thanks for any help with my questions

gingi

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    1. some songs are encoded at a better quality so the bigger the size of the files the better the quality is

2. an albumwrap is where the tracks from an album are all groped together this is a method of copression i think.

3. the best thing to do is use soulseek and download the individual songs of an album which are mostly all lined up when you seach for them anyway

4. never had that problem i dont have a clue but i think regardless of the amount of time if the MB is under the size of the disc it should burn.

the best help i can give mate
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Azzz@19 April 2004 - 18:42
    4. never had that problem i dont have a clue but i think regardless of the amount of time if the MB is under the size of the disc it should burn.
    I think he....or She is Burning them as Audio.Burn them as DATA gingi.Unless you want them as Audio?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    it may have something to do with the file type.

also, i, and i am sure there are a few weirdos like me that find it easier to listen to a cd burned as audio as opposed to data..........unless your one of "those" people....

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    First...I'm a she

Second...thanks for the suggestions. I was trying to burn the CD as audio...didn't know you could burn it as data and still have it play music.

I don't think I'm one of "those" people (whatever "those" people are ). Is there a big difference between the quality of the sound if you burn it as data rather than audio?

thanks again!

gingi

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    1. Why are some of the same songs so different in size? I've seen the same song be anywhere from 2MB to as much as 15MB.
    - this depends on what format the song is (usally mp3 or wav)

2. What does album "wrap" mean? Is that a special type of compression?
    - it is a way of compressing so that you can download and then extract the songs

3. If you download an album is there any way to separate it into individual songs?
    - if it an ALBW you need to get a program called Album Wrap Extractor which will do it for you. This program should be able to be found on KL.

4. I tried to burn some albums to CD - the total size was 468MB but when I tried to set it up to burn the CD it was like over 2500 hours - way out of proportion to what it actually is. Is that because they are compressed?
    - use Nero, and burn as Audio CD. It will convert to the correct format when burning.