Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rantissi Critically Wounded In Israeli Air Strike

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I also think props should go out to Israel for eschewing the targeting of the nearly-blind, wheelchair-bound contingent and finally going after an able-bodied "spiritual leader" in Rantissi.

Poor Yassin was "helpless".

At least this assassination was fair, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by SeK612@17 April 2004 - 20:55
    UK Gov (Jack Straw) condemned and said it was an illegal act. He also said it was counter productive.
    1st time in a long while ive agreed with Jack Straw

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    h1
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 April 2004 - 15:49
    Funny; if one of these Islamic fundamentalists dies for the cause, he is considered martyred, and supposedly goes on to enjoy the company of an inexhaustable supply of virgins, or some such.

And now Hamas and their Palestinian supporters are upset because he's with Allah getting laid?

Sounds like a winner both ways, to me.
    Now that's just wrong. I really expected something less ignorant of you.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+17 April 2004 - 17:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 17 April 2004 - 17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SeK612@17 April 2004 - 20:55
    UK Gov (Jack Straw) condemned and said it was an illegal act. He also said it was counter productive.
    1st time in a long while ive agreed with Jack Straw [/b][/quote]
    I think Israel should do nothing and wait for bombs in the ass.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by haxor41789+17 April 2004 - 15:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 &#064; 17 April 2004 - 15:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@17 April 2004 - 15:49
    Funny; if one of these Islamic fundamentalists dies for the cause, he is considered martyred, and supposedly goes on to enjoy the company of an inexhaustable supply of virgins, or some such.

And now Hamas and their Palestinian supporters are upset because he&#39;s with Allah getting laid?

Sounds like a winner both ways, to me.
    Now that&#39;s just wrong. I really expected something less ignorant of you.[/b][/quote]
    How so, haxor?

This at a time when Sharon is pulling out of Gaza, etc., and making some other, more productive moves?

In both cases, he&#39;s acting more progressively than the Palestinians or any of their terrorist branches are.

Maybe he&#39;s trying to tell them to shit or get off the pot.

Sharon could take out Arafat any time he wants, but does not; the others he deems fair game.

As far as I&#39;m concerned, Arafat has more blood on his hands than anyone, and he hasn&#39;t foresworn "erasing" Israel either.

How come nobody insists on that?

Beyond all this, until Palestine raises a white flag of some sort, there is absolutely nothing new under the Arab sun, is there?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    My body is Adelaide but my heart is in Bosnia
    Arafat has more blood on his hands..PLEASE &#33;&#33;
    IT is really sickening of how many PRO israeli people are here and how blind you are to the sufferings of the Palestinian people...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by MalaDzen@17 April 2004 - 18:28
    Arafat has more blood on his hands..PLEASE &#33;&#33;
    IT is really sickening of how many PRO israeli people are here and how blind you are to the sufferings of the Palestinian people...
    I am blind to nothing.

Is it seriously your contention that Palestine wishes peace?

If this is so, how come it cannot be discerned by their actions?

Why doesn&#39;t Arafat disassociate himself, the PLO, and hence the vast majority of Palestinians, from Hamas and Hezbollah?

Why doesn&#39;t he isolate and/or attack them?

I will ask once again:

Why doesn&#39;t any Palestinian who genuinely desires peace denounce the old caveats about "pushing Israel into the sea", etc.?

I believe I&#39;ll see an answer to that when or if peace finally reigns in the Holy land.

EDIT: I have empathy for all Palestinians who desire peace, just as I do for the Israelis who also want peace.

The war-mongers (Sharon not the least of them) have had their way too long.

Why is this?

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by j2k4@18 April 2004 - 01:39

Why is this?
    OH MY GOD&#33;

I have been trying everything for over a year, just to hear that one phrase coming from you j2k4 (or something similar)..... welcome to the Human Race

........ My work here is done....

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+17 April 2004 - 19:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced &#064; 17 April 2004 - 19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@18 April 2004 - 01:39

Why is this?
    OH MY GOD&#33;

I have been trying everything for over a year, just to hear that one phrase coming from you j2k4 (or something similar)..... welcome to the Human Race

........ My work here is done....[/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t get carried away, Rat.

If the concensus is (as I&#39;ve gathered) that taking Sharon out of the mix would go most of the way towards solving the impasse, then I have to conclude subtracting Arafat would clinch the deal, right?

What do you think of that?

A bone for each side, yes?

I might be being cynical here; I will decide firmly when I have your answer.

BTW-It is just possible that you have been misunderstanding me all along.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Unless you have someone to replace Arrafat with, then unfortunatly i do have to disagree.

The only other people that the Pallestinian people listen to, as far as i know, are the leaders of such organisations as Hamas... and you cannot "negotiate" with those organisations.

We are agreed however, that as long as the Leader of Israel and the Leader of the Pallestinian Authority have such personal hatred of each other.... this will slow things down.

As to your other point..

I have said before; even if Arrafat did start a civil war by going after Hamas, then he&#39;d lose it.

No leader will deliberatly start a civil war, especially one he cant win.

The only way to reduce the influence of the "Religious" organisations, is to show that the "Nationalist" one is getting somewhere. That will take time and patience from everyone... i&#39;d say, off the top of my head 10 years at least.

Israel will never be that patient with the Pallestinians, so we&#39;re at an impass again

And in the meantime, Israel has successfully created another Martyr.... well done them

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast