Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disable Tv Out

Poster
    We just got the Man Show DVD from netflix, and since its copy protected, PowerDVD wont let me play it with TV Out enabled. Im asking how do you disable it with a nVidia card? I cant find the settings anywhere in the video card settings. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@17 April 2004 - 16:00
    We just got the Man Show DVD from netflix, and since its copy protected, PowerDVD wont let me play it with TV Out enabled. Im asking how do you disable it with a nVidia card? I cant find the settings anywhere in the video card settings. Any help would be appreciated.
    i think that if u unplug the tv from teh card then restart teh computer it will disable it automatically, but anyway: right click desktop>properties>settings>click display 2>now near the bottom it will say extend my windows desktop onto this monitor, disable that...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I have never had my computer set up with my TV. And I cant find the setting you told me to go to. I am on Windows XP and I think that is on the earlier versions.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@17 April 2004 - 16:07
    I have never had my computer set up with my TV. And I cant find the setting you told me to go to. I am on Windows XP and I think that is on the earlier versions.
    no that setting is on all versions of windows since 98...but that is if a tv or other monitor is plugged in, since urs iisnt try this:

go to the settings tab as i said in teh other post>click advanced>now click at teh top it will say geforce fx 5200 in a different font than any of the other tabs, so click it>now on the left side is teh nvidia options, it will look something like this:

click each one of those items until u find something about multiple displays, and u can choose clone, vertical expand, horizontal expand, etc.

im sorry i cant tell you where it is because i cant seem to find it in my version of teh drivers, but youll probably find it in urs, as i doubt your using beta drivers

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Yeah, thats what my settings look like, Im using the Omega Corner performence drivers, and I cant find the setting anywhere in there.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@17 April 2004 - 16:36
    Yeah, thats what my settings look like, Im using the Omega Corner performence drivers, and I cant find the setting anywhere in there.
    theres an omega driver for nvidia? wow, can u send me a link to it, i wanna try them. maybe ill be bale to find the answer to ur question there.

oh and for now, just watch ur dvd with windows media player instead...or video lan, or any other program for that matter.

editL nevermind I found teh website, im downloading right now

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Ok, I tried all other DVD players on my comp (interactual, WMP, PowerDVD, VideoLAN) and none of them worked, so I just ripped to to my HD and now its playing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@17 April 2004 - 16:56
    Ok, I tried all other DVD players on my comp (interactual, WMP, PowerDVD, VideoLAN) and none of them worked, so I just ripped to to my HD and now its playing.
    hmm thats a very wired problem, i never had any problems with any of my players when i WAS using tv out, let alone when im not lol. maybe try reinstalling the driver, or install the nvidia version and see if u still have the same problem.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    The DVD is from Netflix (DVD rental service), so I guess they put a copy protection on it so I dont record it with a VCR, thats my guess.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    right click ur desktop properties settings tab click on screen 2 or which ever one is ur tv-out and then unclick the extend my windows desktop onto this monitor box then press apply.
    and to turn it on do the same but tick the box

EDIT:
    ops rossco said that
    but that should work.
    if not just take out the tv out wire i do it all the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast