Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Still Having Problems With Kazaa Lite

  1. #1
    Perhaps if I give a little more info, you guys can help me out with whatever my problem may be.
    As I posted earlier, since I switched from dial up to cable internet, anything I download on kazaa lite (version 2.4.3) is extremely slow....down to about .10 or .20 Kb/s. Internet Explorer is faster, and a radio show that I download from a website is faster (from 30 or 45 mins to 3 mins...it downloads as a Real Audio File)
    But ever since I had cable internet installed yesterday, my kazaa downloads are really screwy. When I was on dial up, my download speeds were anywhere from 3 to 5 Kb/s. I have tried downloading the new version of Kazaa with all of the ads, and a program called limewire...all with the same results...extremely slow downloads.
    Should I be using a different program, or could my internet provider be sabotaging me?
    Someone mentioned changing my settings to reflect my change from dial up to cable...and I tried that in the configuration wizard....but no luck.
    Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Scott

  2. File Sharing   -   #2

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,786
    Originally posted by jpeterman@17 April 2004 - 23:12
    Perhaps if I give a little more info, you guys can help me out with whatever my problem may be.
    As I posted earlier, since I switched from dial up to cable internet, anything I download on kazaa lite (version 2.4.3) is extremely slow....down to about .10 or .20 Kb/s. Internet Explorer is faster, and a radio show that I download from a website is faster (from 30 or 45 mins to 3 mins...it downloads as a Real Audio File)
    But ever since I had cable internet installed yesterday, my kazaa downloads are really screwy. When I was on dial up, my download speeds were anywhere from 3 to 5 Kb/s. I have tried downloading the new version of Kazaa with all of the ads, and a program called limewire...all with the same results...extremely slow downloads.
    Should I be using a different program, or could my internet provider be sabotaging me?
    Someone mentioned changing my settings to reflect my change from dial up to cable...and I tried that in the configuration wizard....but no luck.
    Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Scott
    I had 56k and I switched got Broadband , and my average speed was 25 KB/s on kazaa lite , so i decided to ditch kazaa and look for a better p2p program, and i found mIRC and my speeds on it average to 200 KB/s and maxes out to 380 KB/s.

    Bottom line: Switch to a different P2P Program...

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    i thought my speed was ok... i'm getting bout 30k average on k lite with a 600k cable modem but now i aint so impressed with it what speed b/band ya got formula1????

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Old Fella
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Godzone
    Posts
    803
    Not having the ability to download at the speeds you guys are talkign about, I can only guess that it is the number of souces you have to download from and that their combined upload speed is around 20-30 Kb/s. My maximum upload speed is around 12 Kb/s, but a 56 ker would be around 2-3 so you would need 10 of them to upload from just to get to 20-30. Just a thought. You will find that those with faster connections are most probably using Mirc or Bittorent.

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,110
    Originally posted by chuckle1@18 April 2004 - 01:52
    i thought my speed was ok... i'm getting bout 30k average on k lite with a 600k cable modem but now i aint so impressed with it what speed b/band ya got formula1????
    With 600k cable, your theoretical maximum download speed should be (600/8) 75 kilobytes per second. You should be expecting to get downloads up to around about 70 kilobytes per second or so from good sources
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

    - Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    so i've not got a prob my end then just been unlucky with my sources. when i d/load with win i get that kinda speed

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,110
    Originally posted by chuckle1@18 April 2004 - 03:23
    so i've not got a prob my end then just been unlucky with my sources. when i d/load with win i get that kinda speed
    Yep. Your download speed is dependent on the upload speed of your source(s)
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

    - Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    thanx 4 help was going mad trying to fig it out. Gonna try newsgroups c what my speed is like with that

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,110
    Originally posted by chuckle1@18 April 2004 - 03:27
    thanx 4 help was going mad trying to fig it out. Gonna try newsgroups c what my speed is like with that
    If you can get your header list problem sorted you will be pleasantly surprised. I have 512k adsl and generally get 58-59 kilobytes per second constantly on newsgroups
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

    - Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •