Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Allmusic.com Pwned By Musicmatch!

old school
    Originally posted by masta.z@21 April 2004 - 18:44

who really gives a flying fuck about genre's anyway? genres to one person are completelly different to another, so by categorizing using genre's people may get mislead because what one person thinks is "metal" or "grunge" may be completelly different to another.
    I agree with masta.z
    Labels are for cans
    Any time I file another album away in OrangeCD I listen to it and put it in a genre I see fit for that album. Each and every one no matter what someone else may label the style of music. I looked over that site and saw many bands labeled into a certain genre that I don't think the band would even consider themselves. but to each their own. If you think that site is cool stick with it.
    But I'm not one to let the radio feed me with "whats good"

2. Music   -   #32
    Originally posted by masta.z@22 April 2004 - 03:44
    who really gives a flying fuck about genre's anyway? genres to one person are completelly different to another, so by categorizing using genre's people may get mislead because what one person thinks is "metal" or "grunge" may be completelly different to another.. also genre's do nothing but attempt to restrict bands and artist's to one specific style when many bands digress and evolve over time from one style to another... Linkin Park, RHCP, Limp Bizkit, The Offspring (too a lesser degree) are a few exapmples... i know alotta ppl may not like them but they do have many different styles, so how are you supposed to classify them into a genre? put every track into different genre's and cthe album as "Misc"???

oh and AMG is the almighty bible of all things musical (with the following exceptions: my collection )

peace,
    Masta.z!
    :music1: :music1: :music1:
    of course all bands who are labeled one genre aren't the total genre itself but have elements of it from grunge being a mixture in some respects of punk and alt metal or funk metal being funk, metal and traces of hip hop or industrial metal being industrial with metal elements or metal with nidustrial elements, etc. you don't give a fuck about genres, i do. there's no way of finding some of these bands that are similar to your favorite bands in sounds or have elments of the genre at allmusic period. if you don't know their name you wont discover them i.e you're fucked. i don't listen to radio most of the old shit they play i already have and most of the new shit sucks. and while i concede you take the title as dogging amg fc one mans dogging is another mans valid criticism not meant to put something down but to bring a thought to light on it not to "dog" it.

3. Music   -   #33
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by masta.z@21 April 2004 - 18:44
    who really gives a flying fuck about genre's anyway? genres to one person are completelly different to another, so by categorizing using genre's people may get mislead because what one person thinks is "metal" or "grunge" may be completelly different to another..
    WOOHOO!!!

how about an edit on the topic title of this thread.....

new title:

"silck nick pwned by masta.z"

I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

4. Music   -   #34
    where did he own me? no shit what one person thinks is something may not be something to someone else all it needs is some elements to be labeled "x". that said a person may still like it. anyway i'm done. i use the ability to find all artist who sound a little or a lot like my sub genre kick of the moment to discover new bands you guys like track times, reviews, etc. there being alternatives for people in need is what's what's really important.

5. Music   -   #35
    Poster
    not a bad site to be honest

6. Music   -   #36
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by FKDUP74+22 April 2004 - 13:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 @ 22 April 2004 - 13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-masta.z@21 April 2004 - 18:44
    who really gives a flying fuck about genre&#39;s anyway? genres to one person are completelly different to another, so by categorizing using genre&#39;s people may get mislead because what one person thinks is "metal" or "grunge" may be completelly different to another..
    WOOHOO&#33;&#33;&#33;

how about an edit on the topic title of this thread.....

new title:

"silck nick pwned by masta.z"

[/b][/quote]

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

7. Music   -   #37
    Jason800
    Hi there. I was interested in getting that band "FACTRIX" and the album is called " Artifacts " . Do you have that 2 disc set on lossless ?? Could you write back to me at
    [email protected]

I hope to hear from you soon. I have alot of lossless music too if you're interested. Talk to you soon. Thanks

8. Music   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason800 View Post
    Hi there. I was interested in getting that band "FACTRIX" and the album is called " Artifacts " . Do you have that 2 disc set on lossless ?? Could you write back to me at
    [email protected]

I hope to hear from you soon. I have alot of lossless music too if you're interested. Talk to you soon. Thanks
    You just bumped a FIVE YEAR OLD thread.

yo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234