Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Versions (oh The Joy)

Look, there's a lot of hype about 2.6RC, but is it really worth it? To me, it sounds like the developers are sacrificing much of what KLite really stands for in order to make the software "legal". And the CleanKMD's...what are those about? I have CleanKMD 2.44 running right now, and it's the exact same as KLite 2.44 (or maybe 2.43). Speaking of which, I can't find KLite (or, as some call it, K++) 2.44 anywhere anymore. What happened to the in between versions?

And then there's "Resurrection" and "KCeasy" and what not. I'm all about open-source, but...isn't this getting a little out of hand? Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

What ARE the major distinctions between all these different flavors anyway? How diverse can you get?

On an unrelated note, I'm thinking of switching to an open-source browser. Which is better, Mozilla or Opera? Or something else?

Thanks all, and sorry if I offended any developers with my comments.
    The answer is out there. It's coming for you.
    And when it does you will make a choice.
    You will choose to accept this answer, or to deny it.
    And your decision will affect the very foundations of your being.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    KLite 2.44 has all the tools updated ( k-dat, kl-extensions , etc )

The '' Resurrection '' thingy its just Kazaa Lite 2.4.3 with new tools added , you can do it by yourself adding new utilities like MP3 Shield, GSpot, etc......

KCeasy is a open source client that can connect to a lot of networks : Gnutella ( Limewire , Bearshare ) , Gift , Fastrack ( Kazaa, Imesh ) etc..

Get Mozilla Firefox.

Dont' bother with Ressurection or Klite 2.4.4 , like i said you can update the utilities by yourself , go to klitetools.com , filesharing section .Get eMule or Bittorent cause are better than everything for movies or apps.For music Clean Blubster.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Isn't Firefox still in beta? I don't want an unstable browser. Besides, what's so bad about regular Mozilla? Anyway thanks for your commentary, it was relatively helpful. I want to hear more of what other people think.

PS: Nevermind the KCeasy bit, I just found out that the latest version threw out the FastTrack network b/c the developer got a nasty letter from Sharman.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Firefox is not beta and blows up all the browsers, if you get KCeasy 0.11 version you still can conect to Fastrack without any problem , the last version 0.12 don't have Fastrack pugin.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Some linkage would be nice...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    guess they can find the link, no advertising in posts!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    syko86
    Where can I find Klite 2.4.4? The pinned topic only has 2.4.3 =\. By the way, hi everyone ^_^.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Look, there's a lot of hype about 2.6RC, but is it really worth it? To me, it sounds like the developers are sacrificing much of what KLite really stands for in order to make the software "legal"
    What by not including ONE file? . And what hype.... more hypes about ressurection, which is just tool updates

You can get your 244 from: "hmmm... no advertising websites "

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I really don't see how download links for 2.44 are "advertising"; this IS the KL board, afterall. Besides, people advertise other sites in their signatures all the time. And yes, the pinned topic still only has links for 2.43 (and 2.6 which is apparently crappy), many of which no longer work. An update would be nice.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by raen7@18 April 2004 - 18:09
    (and 2.6 which is apparently crappy)
    go f*ck yourself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast