Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Wmd

jetje's Avatar former star
    Well media over here reported that one of the biggest mistakes that was made was that they sended home the entire top of the Iraqi army. One of the solutions they overthink now to get control on the attacks now is to reinstate a lot of former army officers.. Cause they could be able to get grip on the guerilla war that's starting now A bit different as what magic posted but it pretty much breathe the same thoughts.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@23 April 2004 - 00:18
    Is it just me or does anyone else hate that damn crawl at the bottom of the screen?
    No I really like that actually!!

(I'm an information addict)

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@23 April 2004 - 02:00
    I hope you enjoy it. I dug through the recycling for half an hour and tripped over my frenzied, stairs-running cat to get it to you.

Just to date it, this was two weeks after the burnt bodies of four Americans were hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

Easy solution to mess in Iraq

Dear Editor,

The Bush administration is starting to look a bit desperate as it seeks a way out of the mess it created with its invasion and occupation of Iraq.
      The weapons of mass destruction that were supposedly the reason for the war are nowhere to be found, and the Iraqis are acting anything but grateful for their "liberation."
      Fortunately the solution to the whole debacle is within the Americans' grasp.
      All they need do is release Saddam Hussein from custody and put him back in power. Given a second chance, he'll soon crush the opposition and restore order. He's got the credentials and the track record for the job, if anybody does.
      It's true he's a truly nasty piece of work, but his methods, including mass murder and torture, didn't stop the United States from supporting him enthusiastically throughout the 1980s, the period of his greatest crimes. It was only when he made the mistake of disobeying the U.S. that he became an enemy.
      No doubt a deal could be worked out. Saddam would be happy to return to power in exchange for an undertaking to follow orders. And the U.S. could withdraw its troops, secure in the knowledge that a reliable tyrant will maintain order and keep the oil flowing.
    I thank you kindly for the effort, MN, and hope the cat escaped unscathed.

After reading it, I must say I find it less interesting than I had hoped, though; cynics abound.

After all, to properly restore Saddam, we'd have to somehow resurrect his sons, who I feel were the key to his not being overthrown in the first place.

Again, thanks for your extraordinary effort!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    This made me laugh:

secure in the knowledge that a reliable tyrant will maintain order and keep the oil flowing.
    Nothing I hate more in this world than an unreliable tyrant.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@23 April 2004 - 10:21
    This made me laugh:

secure in the knowledge that a reliable tyrant will maintain order and keep the oil flowing.
    Nothing I hate more in this world than an unreliable tyrant.
    Quite.

Can't count on those buggers for anything.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567