Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Integrity Rating

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    it's sad if you use p2p that needs an integrity rating. you should be able to get a super copy of what you want the first time even if someone hasn't taken the time out of thier life to say this is good.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    >>> it's sad if you use p2p that needs an integrity rating.>>>

It doesn't "need" an integrity rating.... it is a "feature" and is purely optional. It doesn't affect UL or DL or speed or finding files either. Some people just spend an extra moment to see if the user on the other end has selected a file's quality by hand before they grab it. If it has no rating, then most people DL it anyway.

What I do is check file size. If ten people have a file size of 3,456kb and one person has filesize of 3,424kb, then I assume that ten people would have a complete and good file. But I have 256 DSL so I am willing to grab 4 copies of the same thing with slightly different sizes and names and compare the 4 of them and delete 3.

Also in WinMX I can ping all results easily with one button and then I can guess how many minutes grabbing that file will take.

People on 56k and slower are more picky about what they will grab.

geothermal

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Originally posted by geothermal78@21 April 2004 - 22:00

"What I do is check file size. If ten people have a file size of 3,456kb and one person has filesize of 3,424kb, then I assume that ten people would have a complete and good file. But I have 256 DSL so I am willing to grab 4 copies of the same thing with slightly different sizes and names and compare the 4 of them and delete 3."

having to guess which files are good, and which are not is a noobish past-time.....
    move on up to the next level of p2p where there are no bad files

BT is the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12