Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: George W Bush

To hobbes - Fair enough, you made your point and I agree with it - again, I didn't create the picture, I just posted it here to see what other people thought.

To Busyman -
    Originally posted by Busyman
    You don't even have your fucking facts straight.

The American people can't vote on whether we go to war or not...or it wouldn't have happened. It almost sounds like Spain.
    Check out what the opinion polls were saying after 9/11. Two days after 9/11 and Bush spouting off about his war on terror (and just happening to mention Iraq a lot), 34% of you guys thought Saddam Hussein was involved!

Bush said he wanted a war and the American people backed him.

Don't call me stupid because the rest of the world thinks the American people are idiots. Steve Kull, director of the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland thinks Americans may be avoiding having an experience of cognitive dissonance, i.e. having their beliefs conflict with the facts.

Philadelphia Inquirer

2. Lounge   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Hobbes.
    i didn't suggest you do like bush....perhaps someone here might find a picture in the same area with bin laden ..just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been done. that said there are millions of bin laden pictures that both revile and ridicule him.
    As to the repeating of faces.....i would rather the faces needed to be repeated than have more dead faces on it

It was just the picture shown, i wonder what the original context in which it was placed was?

I don't think for one moment that this picture would have any changing effect on the general viewer....pro bush will poo poo it as a cheap shot..anti bush as a vivid reminder of his actions, i can't see anyone changing their mind and i give people the credit for knowing their own minds and being able to make up those mind for themselves. One could even argue that the picture is pro bush...making the statement that these people that gave their lives are on his mind..who knows with art?
    Just a thought, would the same reaction occur if say j2k4 or busyman had posted the picture instead of Alex H (sorry for using your names but i needed a credible example and am not suggesting that you actually would post such a picture)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    You had this in World News at first.
    What was so Worldnewsworthy? "Ooo look, a picture!!!" 
    Are you suggesting that anything which isn't text-based is not newsworthy? I would say there are thousands of photojournalists out there who would disagree with you.

Were these pictures not "newsworthy"?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Next time, why don't you just post a hyperlink instead of writing a page of crap?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Alex H+20 April 2004 - 23:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex H &#064; 20 April 2004 - 23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> To hobbes - Fair enough, you made your point and I agree with it - again, I didn&#39;t create the picture, I just posted it here to see what other people thought.

To Busyman - <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman

You don&#39;t even have your fucking facts straight.

The American people can&#39;t vote on whether we go to war or not...or it wouldn&#39;t have happened. It almost sounds like Spain.
    Check out what the opinion polls were saying after 9/11. Two days after 9/11 and Bush spouting off about his war on terror (and just happening to mention Iraq a lot), 34% of you guys thought Saddam Hussein was involved&#33;

Bush said he wanted a war and the American people backed him.

Don&#39;t call me stupid because the rest of the world thinks the American people are idiots. Steve Kull, director of the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland thinks Americans may be avoiding having an experience of cognitive dissonance, i.e. having their beliefs conflict with the facts.

Philadelphia Inquirer [/b][/quote]

Damn Alex you are funny&#33;&#33;&#33;

We Americans also know that polls are bullshit. It&#39;s a pure media tool.
    No one asked me or anyone I know these "questions". It&#39;s worse than Nielsen ratings.

It also crossed my mind as well as others that Saddam might be involved. So what&#33;&#33; I still didn&#39;t support a war for something that "crossed my mind". I believe there are forces in Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the UK, and others that are conspiring against us.

You sprout shit about Americans wanting a war with Iraq and it has no basis. We were always thinking OBL. The only time that Congress bought into the Iraq bit was with that bullshit CIA intelligence (or should I say stupidity).

Alex get your fucking facts straight. Even Bush pushed WMD as his reason for Iraq, not 9/11. He used the emotional momentum of 9/11 if anything.
    Again STFU. You know not what you are talking about.

Stay jealous in your hovel.

edit: I said your photo is not Worldnewsworthy....and it isn&#39;t.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #15
    BANNED
    i h8 him i cant wait till he dies

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I said your photo is not Worldnewsworthy....and it isn&#39;t.
    Oh yeah? Lets look at some of the amazingly "newsworthy" posts in World News at the moment:

Last Crimean War Veteran Passed Away
    at age 160
    (The dead tortise topic)

Kill Mom But Don&#39;t Hurt Tv
    Teen Tells Hitman

Poisoned Toilet Paper

The Pig Is A Pig
    Cop wins donut eating contest

9 Yr Old Arrested (Pages 1 2 )
    for stealing a rabbit

Caution
    Look In The Oven Before Cooking
    (The gun hidden in the oven story)

If crap like this is "Worldnewsworthy", would a post on the colour of my phlegm be out of place?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Well I think it is time we got this Thread closed.And I will be the one to help with that.Brb with some Pictures worth a thousand words.You want it in the Lounge.Well you got it.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Ohhh fuck it.You all have fun.Going to bed.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    No I have not gone to bed yet.Do not ask why.

Ohhhh I know why.

Only 37 more to go.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    If you had put the picture into context at the very begining (not later)
    as in explain - what the pic is made of, and put into a more social political awareness context-as for the title of the thread.....

instead of a pic of bush and stating " What an sad picture."
    (you sig is more "Worldnewsworthy" than the a your statement)

on opening this post-my reaction is -this is another oneliner anti bush meaningless statement - please search google for 10000000000000s of these.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast