Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 99% Of Psu's Will F*ck Up Your Hardware.

My main problem is the connectors. I need quit a few 4-pin connectors.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@20 April 2004 - 13:33
    get some molex Y-splitters.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@20 April 2004 - 13:33
    enermax PSUs (mine atleast) and probably some other brands, have 10 molex connectors. I only use 4, so....ya i have a lot of extras lol.

but if u need more do what atividia said, buy y-splitter's

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    It's not about the watts. But whatever. Nobodies reading all the posts & discerning which have good info. They're just picking the posts they agree with.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@20 April 2004 - 21:21
    It's not about the watts. But whatever. Nobodies reading all the posts & discerning which have good info. They're just picking the posts they agree with.
    How many Antec PSUs are being sold in Europe you think?

I can tell you : "Not that many"

So, there are lots more hardware failures in Europe?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I don't know where you have been, but have you ever heard of PC Power and Cooling?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by zapjb@20 April 2004 - 01:17
    top brand names are pos PSU that will f*ck up the hardware within 1-2yrs. If it ain't got an Antec (or literally 1 or 2 other brands) PSU imo you're throwing your money away.

Well Zap, I appreciate your zeal to save us all from a horrible flaming death at the hands of our PSUs, but some supporting data would go a long way towards lending credibility to your assertions.

How many hundreds of PSUs is this based on?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Nothing like a misquote or a partial quote clocker. This is what I said.

zapjb 
    Posted: 20 April 2004 - 02:17
    I'll get the full life out of my hardware. Unlike others who swear Antec isn't the only top PSU, that there are many others. Wake up 99% or more of the PSU being sold seperately or on $500 emachines - $2000 top brand names are pos PSU that will f*ck up the hardware within 1-2yrs. If it ain't got an Antec (or literally 1 or 2 other brands) PSU imo you're throwing your money away.

My 2 cents. Now flame away if you can name another reliable brand of PSU. Just don't tell me it's 500 watts. That's bs

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    yea, you guys should have seen the piece of shit ULTRA PSU that came with my chieftec case. TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT AND ITS RATED AT 500W. now i know all about name brands and shit, i just got this psu with the case i wanted, and its a total PIECE OF SHIT. (can i say piece of shit any more ) they claim to be the best, but they suck dick. i wouldnt piss on this PIECE OF SHIT.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by zapjb@20 April 2004 - 20:22
    Nothing like a misquote or a partial quote clocker. This is what I said.

zapjb 
    Posted: 20 April 2004 - 02:17
    I'll get the full life out of my hardware. Unlike others who swear Antec isn't the only top PSU, that there are many others. Wake up 99% or more of the PSU being sold seperately or on $500 emachines - $2000 top brand names are pos PSU that will f*ck up the hardware within 1-2yrs. If it ain't got an Antec (or literally 1 or 2 other brands) PSU imo you're throwing your money away.

My 2 cents. Now flame away if you can name another reliable brand of PSU. Just don't tell me it's 500 watts. That's bs
    Zap,

Iwas quite aware of what you said and I don't believe that my quote (partial as it may have been), misrepresented you in any way.

You claim to be getting "the full life" from your hardware and that "99% of the PSU (sic) being sold" are worthless and even harmful to our PCs.

I am merely asking for some supporting evidence to back up these rather unequivical assertions.

Ball to you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast