Thread: False Files Are Annoying

Trekky
    Why do people out there rename there files so that we spend hours downloading something we dont want. I think there should be a system where we can report these users and make them suffer a penalty like a time ban. Many time I have spent days waiting for a large download only to find that when it comes time to install, its something completely different.

Steve or Trekky

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Yeah i agree to that it does $uck when it comes to applications as you cant preview them like you can films

My advise would to be to ask in the forum to see if anyone could post a verified hash for you.

Or try other hash sights, theres a few about

They rename them for a laugh and to raise there participation level on KaZaa, some people just dont no

how to rename them, others cant be bothered.

Welcome to the Forum Trekky

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Stick to this site and the verifieds, plus some of the tricks on how to spot fakes and you will be okay.

It really is lame to rename of course.

But check it- I haven't gottan a fake since last fall, thanks to this site and the people here.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    A General Tip:
    Originally posted by Me

Tips for finding verified movies:

After about 10 megs or 10% of the total DL of the movie, use Avipreview and see if its your movie.  Click the screen of Avipreview and an Index should pop up with some info.  If the video or audio part has 0 (zero), then its a fake.

After searching and thinking you have enough users, expand the list so you can see all the users for that file by clicking the "+" box to the left of the title and scroll down and check to see if the filenames match up to the movie your looking for and read the yellow description boxes that pop up too.  Sometimes it will say if its a fake or not.

Look at the length of the movie.  A trick I learned awhile ago is that any movie with the length of 1:02:08 is a fake. 

Check the file size of the movie.  Make sure its reasonable.  Sometimes the movie is split into two or three parts for easier downloading.

Check the hashes in the verifieds.  That will usually say if a movie is out or not and will usually tell of its quality.  Always check the verifieds first before looking for a movie which will save you some time.

The idea of verified files is so that you know they exist. The Sig2Dat hashes are just a way to help get you started on the download. You still have to search for them. Kazaa constantly searches while you are downloading for more users. Searching manually just helps speed up that process.

PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads(only on normal kazaa users)
    You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
    You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.
    Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like.
    Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
    If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow!
    More sources usually=better speed
    PATIENCE!
    Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
    and...
    GOOD LUCK!
    Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Who's that Me you quoted, Shinigami?

I can't find a member with that name!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Before you download anything, always check here in the verifieds section to see if there is a verified link for the file your getting

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    lol thats why there is the verifieid section like said... then what connection do you have? i spend hrs dling too but i have dsl.... but it doesnt matter

SHARING IS A PRILEVAGE(CANT SPELL) BUT YOU GET THE POINT

you would have to waste valuable money if you wanted to really get these software... so there is no complaining... i waste time but all i do is redownload

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Here's a tip for pl and speed basics: Always :rtfaq: (brilliant)

Originally posted by Tip By: Shinigami@ modified by The_Great_Dude

Tip on Kazaa Lite Speed and PL:
    PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads (only on normal kazaa 2.0.2 users, any lower versions of kazaa will show a PL of 0 to them. So it's a first come, first serve at that point.)
    You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
    You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.

Make sure you setted up you're firewall to allow access for Kazaa Lite [K++]
    Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like. (Programs that can do that are Adaware and Spybot)
    Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
    If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow!
    More sources usually = better speed
    Use tools that came with K++, such as AutoSearchMore, Speeedup, Kazap to find more sources.
    Try to control AutoSearchMore and let it rest awhile to avoid disconnection from KL.

You see yourself as K-Lite Master and other K++ users do to, only 2.02 kazaa users see you as Supreme Being. This does not affect anything in anyway. You can also customize it with tools such as resource hacker.
    Try pausing and resuming the file.
    Try jumping SuperNodes or restarting Kazaa Lite.

PATIENCE!
    Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
    and...
    GOOD LUCK! :-)
    Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

A hypothesis by The_Great_Dude:
    Also, I'm not sure but when the longer you have kazaa lite and not uninstall or reinstall, the speeds seem to be ok, since most of the old members here have no problems. Just a guess.
    I said this because, in the beta testing day of k++ beta 1, I saw a post saying Random Nut said speed slowed down when he switched to normal kazaa from kazaa lite for testing purposes. When he went back, his speeds went back to normal. Also if my memory serves me right, backup your network settings, or something like that.

Soul814, the next neo?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ehhh what? im confused.... yes that was a nice thing quoted....

:rtfaq: just to be nice today

i think you should read the beep beep manual... no quick links