Thread: Newbie Needs Help, I'm Clueless

Redwing19
    I've been out of the whole P2P world for a long time.

I had used Kazaa Lite about a year and a half ago. In fact I still have it on my system. If I click on help and goto "About Kazaa Lite", it says it is Build 1 of version 2.0.2. It was built on Thursday November 28th (which apparently means 2002).

There must be a newer version around. I went to kazaalite.com, but it looks rather suspicious to me. I don't remember having to register to download my current version.

I read a couple articles (from Dec 8th 2003) saying that Kazaa was going after Kazaa Lite and that it is no longer available.

Another article I read said Kazaa Lite was becoming obsolete, or wouldn't support the newer and better P2P networks.

I then read another article (which linked me to this forum) talking about Kazaa Lite teaming up with K++ to become "Kazaa Lite K++".

Is this what I should be using?

I feel like I'm solving a puzzle or something. It seems none of the information I've read is current, and I have no idea what P2P software is out there, let alone the best.

Hopefully someone out there can help me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    just look into another p2p
    you seem pretty smart, look into irc/bittorrent/newsgroups for your download's

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Kazaa is all but dead. Anyone with a clue has moved on to other p2p programs.

Bit Torrent is the best out there right now.... at least in my humble opinion.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    K-Lite lives on !!

You can go to http://www.oldversion.com if you want version 2.4.3 (the last main version of K-Lite) or you can go to http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/developmentforums if you want to try version 2.6 of K-Lite (although at the moment it's still in beta stage, but I think it's good).