Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Usergroups

I just cant get through to Soulseek, i have tried and tried but it says Page cannot be found or Action

Canceled. Dont no why, might be a problem with my browser

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by DataMore@15 March 2003 - 19:41
    I think FC is just obsessed with SoulSick.
    i can't blame the guy
    ice ice baby

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Lord of the KLF
    I had the same problem with soulseek i cant get on the site but Tilen76 was kind enought to DCC me the app thru irc so i could use soulseek.

Now i do think that this is a good idea about a seperate room to put ban reports etc for irc ops i cant remember the number of times that i have gone online and then i would say hey what's x done and me being the only op actually there sometimes it is hard and after all the #klchat is part of the board as it is the chatroom for the board and k-lite.
    Now i see where FC is coming from but in the soulseek room there are no ops so therefore no banning, kicking etc so you do not really need to have a method of reporting these things.

Now i am not saying this simply because i want recognition, no way even on the irc channel i remove my op sign (@) upon login as it promotes chat more when your not flying the @, however i can still do all of the op commands thru chanserv and the bot

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Well, as I said before, I like the idea of a place to discuss these kind of things. Indeed ban rapports would come in handy sometimes....
    But maybe we should think about the disavantages too.
    It would take more bandwith from the board ,and most important, issues that can be solved in the chatroom (I mean , we do have the /onotice command) could be fought out on the board.
    I'm sure no one wants that again (remember k4l, no no??)....
    Anyway, I don't think we need another usergroup, chat is linked to the board, but it doesn't really has anything to do with it....

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Poster

<span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Well the only thing that bugs me in all this is that you know what? New members who join this board certainly think that the chat has to do with the board and k-lite. Nobody who goes to chat can tell me different cause it&#39;s true.

How many "are you the developer" questions have we all heard? I mean we have a good crew and I have found myself browsing the Developement section numerous times trying to find answers for obscure questions.

Hey we all do that no matter what, cause we like the products and the people who make it.

Thing is though, I really wish we had better lines of communication from board/developers and chat.

A lot fo questions get asked like "when is the new version coming out" or questions about the board and the fact is, other than NikkiD, I don&#39;t see any of the Admins or Mods in chat anymore, and really if it wasn&#39;t for Sarkie being there sometimes, I myself would be lost when it comes to certain questions.

I only thought of the UserGroup thing as a way to keep things tight and coherent, but if that is not going to happen then I really would like some way to keep the ops aware of things pertinant to k-lite. I mean the name of the chatroom IS #KLchat right?

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123