Thread: Proxy Server Has Stopped

hi, i have just started using a proxy server today and my d/l from bittorrent have stopped. whats the cure?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    use a different proxy server

if it is essential to use this proxy then change the ports used for BT and that will likely fix it.

but using a diff 1 would be better.

why do u need a proxy in the first place?????

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    i have been told it hides your ip address, which is a good thing- right?

EDIT: whats a diff?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Double Agent
    first off, tell us how u are using the proxy..software, config, os?

are you using proxy setting in ie? or do u use other software to use a proxy server?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    oh my god what have i started off here, i havent got a single idea what any of you are asking me. in the tutorial section j'pol has started a topic on proxy servers, so i had just done what he advised. i think i have resolved the problem, all i have added is a port number in my LAN settings and everything seems to be ok now. what do you mean how am i using the proxy, i dont even know what it is that i have done in the first place. i just followed the tutorial. im using xp and took one of the addresses from the proxy list that j'pol displayed. in that tutorial someone has said that you can get some software that automatically detects when the proxy should be switched on and off, what that about

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    BANNED
    I would bother usin a proxy m8.You lose a lot of your bandwith n its basically impossible to hide your ip.Not worth it,imo

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    h1
    Originally posted by ck-uk@21 April 2004 - 04:06
    I would bother usin a proxy m8.You lose a lot of your bandwith n its basically impossible to hide your ip.Not worth it,imo

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    BANNED
    just take down the proxy.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by haxor41789+21 April 2004 - 21:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 @ 21 April 2004 - 21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ck&#045;uk@21 April 2004 - 04:06
    [/b][/quote]
    :confused: bu i have enough of my own

thanks ..

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    h1
    I was just saying that your advice was money...