Thread: Did The Tinkerman Tinker Too Much?

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    How the hell did Chelsea go from running the game at the end of the first half to losing 3-1 to a 10 man Monaco??

What was Raneri thinking

2. Lounge   -   #2
    I am not a huge Chelsea fan but i do think the manager has done well considering all the crap he has to put up with

It's over 2 legs & anything is possible

Just a grateful user!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by user123@20 April 2004 - 23:25
    I am not a huge Chelsea fan but i do think the manager has done well considering all the crap he has to put up with 

It's over 2 legs & anything is possible 
    I can't imagine Monaco not scoring so even if they only got 1 goal it would leave Chesea needing 4 :helpsmile:

btw - not a Chelsea fan either but I'd love to see Ranieri win it

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    What was Raneri thinking
    Answered your own question dan (though please remember question marks in future...). If Chelsea are going to succeed they need a true world class manager, so I hope Raneri stays.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I'd love to see him do well too user123 but Chelsea went from running the game at the end of the first half to looking like lost sheep in the 2nd half

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by danb@21 April 2004 - 13:12
        I'd love to see him do well too user123 but Chelsea went from running the game at the end of the first half to looking like lost sheep in the 2nd half 
    Your right but i still think they can win

At home with the crowd behind them anything can happen

As they say "football is a game of two halves" in this case two legs

Just a grateful user!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    hugoharding's Avatar its changed since 02
    If they win 2 - 0 they go through on away goals, I can easily see chelsea doing that, especially at home.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Maybe Ranieri was just proving a point to Abramovich.

i.e.

Basically, Mateski, this is what happens when you just throw big-name players into the mix without a thought for formation or structure...

I think Ranieri can feel particularly aggrieved about the way he's been treated, and I'd definitely swap him with Eriksson as England manager.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    The substitutions he made were wrong. That changed the whole balance of the team. Instead of playing over the wings, the field became to short a and that's exactly what a team with only 10 men want. Also if you're 1 man down you're even find reserves to do 110% instead of 100%.
    Hasselbaink is a centreforward not a rightwinger, so naturally he sneakes in the centre which was already overcrowded. Veron was slowing down the gameplay too much. Instead of looking for effective opening he looked for the 'showy' passes (which you can do when you're 4-0 up).
    Also I thought I noticed a change in the atittude of Chelsea such as" well, 1-1 and 10 men, this will be easy".
    But I do think Chelsea will go through.
    btw i'm not a Chelsea fan.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --