Thread: Hardware Installation Notice Annoyance!

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ok i recently tried to install a third party driver for my USB-PSX game adapter, but it didnt work.. so i took the 3rd party off. I made sure it was uninstalled from programs also.
    Now everytim i boot, i get an annoying hardware dialog asking me to install it again, but i dont want the peice of sh*t. I cant find a way to get rid of that, because the device already has it's working drivers installed and works fine!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    go into device manager (right click my comp.>manage>on left it says devicemanager) and you will probably see under game controllers will be your game controller, and under unknown devices it will be there again. for the unknown device one, it will probably have a ? or ! next to it, which means the driver isnt installed for that device, even though it actually is. try just right clicking it and going to disable, then make sure your jjoystick still works in games. if it does then restart and see if the message still comes up. if not then perfect problem solved.

if the game controller doesnt work in ur games after disabling the unknown device, then right click it, reenable it, then go to update driver. point to the driver on ur cd or one of windows's drivers. this has happened to me before with my scanner, so I ended up having two scanners showing in device manager strange but oh well.

good luck.