Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Email/virus Problem

Originally posted by gungrave+22 April 2004 - 03:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave @ 22 April 2004 - 03:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy@21 April 2004 - 22:11
    <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789
    @21 April 2004 - 21:41
    Download AVG and / or NOD32.

And if you are, stop using Lookout Express.

wouldnt touch lookout/outlook express with a fucking huge stick.

i got avast pro running, and just scanned with the two mentioned online scanners. The virus isnt there now. I just wanted to know how it got these address that i havent saved anywhere. wheres the cache for these?
    what wrong with outlook express? [/b][/quote]
    the biggest problem with outlook is that you download the emails to your comp b4 reading them , and thus download viruses with them, these viruses may remain dormant as long as your dont open them , but still they are there and it only takes a mistake and boom one new virus

you should re direct your isp email, to a hotmail account and read it up there rather that downloading anything

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    BANNED
    but a virus scan would pic it up

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    h1
    Wrong. Lookout uses IE as its engine, so I could just shove in some malicious ActiveX / COM code into the message itself.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    BANNED
    Originally posted by haxor41789@22 April 2004 - 03:43
    Wrong. Lookout uses IE as its engine, so I could just shove in some malicious ActiveX / COM code into the message itself.
    well then.
    i wont use lookout express any more

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    blank BT Rep: +1
    i do use nod32 already. I repeat again, i dont have the virus anymore. it was in my system for like an hour when i was away from the pc, I opened an email, went out, came back and it was there.

i still want to know how it found the email address pls
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    h1
    One of your friends might have had that virus. Or maybe someone bought it from a spam list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12