Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explosive Cooling For An Idiot

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    A friend of mine said he was going to mod his computer so a CO3 tank is used as the heatsink. He tried to explain that the thing would get rid of his cpu noise and stuff.
    Heh I was wondering, from the extreme heat the CPU emits, wouldnt this eventually allmost cause the CO3 mini tank to overexpand and literally explode destroying everything in his computer like a bomb?

I thought it was sorta funny, and i would never risk trying this myself.
    I've made CO3 powered cars in shop class for raceing and one of the "lower achiever" students decided he wanted to spray everyone with high pressured air. Now he did punture the tip whilst holding this thing, but even with his godly grib (my ass), he couldnt manage the pressure and it bounced all over the place. very danagerous, but also funny in a way i suppose.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    whats CO3 again? <s>ammonia</s>? lol thats prolly NH3 i dont remember my chem knowledge is bad...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by atiVidia@21 April 2004 - 21:16
    whats CO3 again? <s>ammonia</s>? lol thats prolly NH3 i dont remember my chem knowledge is bad...
    as far as I remember CO3 is Carbonate....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    If he tries this, make sure he videos it. Actually, I suspect his cpu would fail before it exploded, but the heat would still be generated even after failure.

Just noticed that the box for my last heatsink says "Made in China". That&#39;s probably just about far enough away when it finally goes off.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by atiVidia@21 April 2004 - 19:16
    Actually ammonia is NH4.

the best element used in pc&#39;s would have to be silicon Si, since it isnt conductive and allows you to hold all the little parts of the circuit boards together. Heh, i wonder if someone ever built a pc without it and just used wires? that&#39;d burn up soon i suppose

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Wolfmight+22 April 2004 - 14:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wolfmight @ 22 April 2004 - 14:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@21 April 2004 - 19:16
    Actually ammonia is NH4.

the best element used in pc&#39;s would have to be silicon Si, since it isnt conductive and allows you to hold all the little parts of the circuit boards together. Heh, i wonder if someone ever built a pc without it and just used wires? that&#39;d burn up soon i suppose [/b][/quote]

I should give up on chemistry if I were you, it isn&#39;t your strong suit.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Boom&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    try and record it, I would like to see this

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by lynx+22 April 2004 - 09:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx &#064; 22 April 2004 - 09:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@22 April 2004 - 14:11
    <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia
    @21 April 2004 - 19:16

Actually ammonia is NH4.

the best element used in pc&#39;s would have to be silicon Si, since it isnt conductive and allows you to hold all the little parts of the circuit boards together. Heh, i wonder if someone ever built a pc without it and just used wires? that&#39;d burn up soon i suppose

I should give up on chemistry if I were you, it isn&#39;t your strong suit.[/b][/quote]
    rofl

turned on...

winXP loading

1/4

1/2

3/4

Code:
     &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *****
     &nbsp; ********************
     &nbsp;**********************
     &nbsp; &nbsp; / &nbsp;____ &nbsp; ____ &nbsp;&#092;
     &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | &nbsp; | 
     &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;// &nbsp; &#092;&#092;
    &#40;&#40;&#40;////|| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ||&#092;&#092;&#092;&#092;&#41;&#41;&#41;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia+22 April 2004 - 12:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 22 April 2004 - 12:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by lynx@22 April 2004 - 09:17
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@22 April 2004 - 14:11
    <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia
    @21 April 2004 - 19:16

Actually ammonia is NH4.

I should give up on chemistry if I were you, it isn&#39;t your strong suit.
    rofl

turned on...

winXP loading

1/4

1/2

3/4

Code:
     &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *****
     &nbsp; ********************
     &nbsp;**********************
     &nbsp; &nbsp; / &nbsp;____ &nbsp; ____ &nbsp;&#092;
     &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | &nbsp; | 
     &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;// &nbsp; &#092;&#092;
    &#40;&#40;&#40;////|| &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ||&#092;&#092;&#092;&#092;&#41;&#41;&#41;
    [/b][/quote]
    nice pic...u gotta lot of free time like me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast