Thread: Subtitle Loading

just got city of god. is there any way i can load the subtitles in media player classic. i cannot seem to do so as there is only provision for dubs and not subs.

if not, can anyone recommend another player that can be used to load subtitles?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    MPC -> Load subtitle.

if you get error do what is says in: Options -> Output.

you can edit the size of the sub: Options -> Default style -> 'Arial'

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    If that doesnt work then check google for crystal player, it has a load subtitles option, as long as you have the subtitles file then loading them onto the film is pretty easy, and its a better player of movies than win media player as i fell it takes up less ram, loading quicker and with less bugs, just my personal opinion tho.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    i have d/l kill bill 1 and the subtitles are not displaying what am i doing wrong, well i havent actually done anything i was just expecting them to automatically play with the movie as the player is set to 'auto detect subtitles'.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    1. dl and install a program called vobsub (google it)
    2. go here and dl the subtitle for the film in MicroDVD format
    3. Be sure to save the subtitle in the same folder as the film, and also rename it so it matches the name of the film/file exactly.
    4. then simplay play the film in wmp and vobsub will automatically load and sync the subtitle for you.

Easy as hell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    i want to be able to play the movie through videolan NOT WMP

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    So just load the subtitle using videolan...

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    thats my question, how do i do that, i have tried everything possible but it doesnt seem to work. the subtitles came with the movie download.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Well thats easy. Just click open file (not simple open) in videolan. You get the option to load subtitles; check the box, click settings and browse for the subtitle file... Then open the film from the original menu together with the subtitle.