Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Is It Ok For Some?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    story

This is a report about "outrage" at pictures of Princess Diana in the wreakage of the car being shown in a documentary.

Personally i don't see why after all these years we are still being shown the images, perhaps it's just a time filler.
    I didn't know Diana personally so although i wasn't happy about her death it didn't affect me one way or the other any more than hearing of the death of john doe that lived down the road.

This post is not about the events rather why is there "outrage" when pictures of Diana are show on Tv...but not when they show "ordinary" people...why is one acceptable and not the other?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I saw this on the news last night and I was in two minds when i saw the story.

Firstly I thought, no way that should be aired, raking up bad memories for the two young Prince's.

Then secondly I thought, well there are so many conspiracy theories flying around about what actually happened it wouyld be good to know.

I heard that first of all Princess Di was walking about after the accident and then pronounced DOA.

I guess its all about what the tv companies consider to be in public interest.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I dont agree with it.

However, i wouldnt agree with it whoever was involved. Including showing those dead in battle, car crashes etc etc etc. The families of those involved in any tragedy, and those others affected dont deserve to have the scum of the press and TV drag through their lives.

I wont try and fight a losing battle on this... she is dead.

Unfortunatly the popularity of her is such that all these years later, the press are still hounding her.

RIP

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@22 April 2004 - 21:01
    I dont agree with it.

However, i wouldnt agree with it whoever was involved.
    I agree.

Of interest to the public is not the same as, in the public interest.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J'Pol@22 April 2004 - 14:15

Downright pithy there, old sod, and well-put.

Please amend the punctuation to reflect the depth of wisdom contained in the words, eh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@22 April 2004 - 20:01

Unfortunatly the popularity of her is such that all these years later, the press are still hounding her.

RIP
    I had little time for her when she was alive, but wished her no ill will. A little dignity for her and Dodi's families would not go amiss.

Any future televisual investigation of this matter should be kicked into touch unless it has genuine evidence of non-accidental death.

I think the press resented her death as they had only really started to destroy her. She spoiled their fun by dying. The Sun in particular was ghastly in the way it reviled her one day and was toadying the next; quickly realising being consistent = zero sales. (and probably having to leave the country )
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Biggles+22 April 2004 - 16:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 22 April 2004 - 16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@22 April 2004 - 20:01

RIP
    I had little time for her when she was alive, but wished her no ill will. A little dignity for her and Dodi&#39;s families would not go amiss.

Any future televisual investigation of this matter should be kicked into touch unless it has genuine evidence of non-accidental death.

I think the press resented her death as they had only really started to destroy her. She spoiled their fun by dying. The Sun in particular was ghastly in the way it reviled her one day and was toadying the next; quickly realising being consistent = zero sales. (and probably having to leave the country ) [/b][/quote]
    To resurrect an extremely tired &#39;60s phrase-

Right On&#33;
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Haven&#39;t heard that for a while.

Ahh, memories of a mis-spent youth
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+22 April 2004 - 23:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 22 April 2004 - 23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 April 2004 - 14:15

Downright pithy there, old sod, and well-put.

Please amend the punctuation to reflect the depth of wisdom contained in the words, eh? [/b][/quote]
    Would that I could, but the apple controleth me.

Curse you, oh sweetest of fruits.

It is scant wonder that you are used to signify the temptation of Eve and the fall from grace of mankind.

Every other fruit was available, but no, we had to have the apple.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@22 April 2004 - 23:27

Haven&#39;t heard that for a while.

Ahh, memories of a mis-spent youth
    You&#39;re lucky

I had a mis-spelt yoof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast