Thread: Changing Exe To Bin

i downloaded need for speed hot pursuit 2. The file is an exe. how do i change it to bin. when i downloaded it, it said it was a bin.exe.
    i tried just renaming it. i was going to use alcohol 120% to mount the bin image, but i cannot change it from exe.

any help would be great

thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Here:

Originally posted by Tip By: The_Great_Dude

Go to the folder you have your file,
    then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab,
    scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types",
    click OK, go back to your iso file, right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .bin.
    Now it should show up. B)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks very much for the quick reply.

thanks again

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    It's what we do here. Don't forget to read the FAQ and ask any problems not in there.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    @The_Great_Dude...how do you suggest renaming the file extension that windows associates with the program.
    I have to use a rename utility and have never been able to change the association with a right click. I am on an XP Pro machine btw.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    A utility is not needed for renaming extensions. It is set to default you can't rename them because most users will get confused. You could also do other things with it such as convert it, virtual drive, etc.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    duh....got it...forgot about that....I had my 98SE machine set up that way and when I went to the XP Pro machine I forgot to make the switch.

Thanks for the kick...lol
    Steve

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by skelley521@13 March 2003 - 21:55
    duh....got it...forgot about that....I had my 98SE machine set up that way and when I went to the XP Pro machine I forgot to make the switch.

Thanks for the kick...lol
    Steve
    No problem, that avatar of yours is scary dude.