Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Football Player

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Pat Tillman, who gave up a multi-million dollar contract playing football for the Arizona Cardinals in order to "give something back to my country", by joining the Army Rangers to fight against terrorism in Afghanistan, has been killed in action.

R.I.P.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    this is indeed sad news and my sympathy goes out to the family.... however his loss is no greater than the loss of all the others.

Edit: I have to be honest here and say thay i am not a great sports fan and before i read the post i had never heard of this man.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Granted, the fact of his celebrity being the ostensible reason his passing is of any other than ordinary note, he does stand as one who gave up a lot in order that he might serve his country, and having foregone a lucrative career, he was, fairly or not, used to exemplify the sacrifice every one of our volunteers makes.

I make no distinction between losing him or any other of our military; they are all heroes to me.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    RIP

Much as i disagree with what is/did happen(ing) there, I have to admire any man that fights for what he believes in. Especially one that gave up so much in order to do it.

Make no bones, I respect everyone over there fighting. I just dont believe in the cause, and sympathise all the more with the families because of this.

If i believed, i'd say "A High Price".

As it is, I say "A High Price and such a Waste of good men". There are few enough of those around these days it seems

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    R.I.P to another solider dying for believing in the cause. He is a hero in my eyes.

@RF: Respect

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    My body is Adelaide but my heart is in Bosnia
    He shouldnt have gone there, then he wouldnt have been killed simple as that...

I dont feel sympathy for him, only for his family. He took the risks, one of which was a possibility of being killed. It was his choice

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by MalaDzen@23 April 2004 - 22:06
    He shouldnt have gone there, then he wouldnt have been killed simple as that...

I dont feel sympathy for him, only for his family. He took the risks, one of which was a possibility of being killed. It was his choice
    That's a shame that you can't even show some kind of respect for someone that died trying to do what he thought was best.

That's like saying if someone was killed in an automobile accident well you shouldn't have been driving its you own fault.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    My body is Adelaide but my heart is in Bosnia
    No its not like sayin that AT ALL !!

He went into a place where he KNEW very well, people would be TRYING to kill him all the fucking time..

theres a difference

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Hank-

You and I may believe the point worth arguing, but, rest assured, such is not the case with MalaDzen, who has different ideas.

Better to just drop it than continue in this vein, I think.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    That's why I didn't follow up my point.

Every time I would try I would type the whole thing up, then read it before posting it, then I'd keep editing it so it wouldn't be a blatant :flame: Finally I just said ah forget about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast