Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.s. To Hire Saddam Loyalist

Originally posted by J'Pol@24 April 2004 - 01:40
    Hobbes

Fair point, well presented.

Instead of resurrecting a chap who has not yet died, which would be preposterous,  we will resurrect one who never existed.

I could only think of one Holmes who was a legend, it was Eamonn. If you can think of another please enlighten me.
    Listen, I just don't have the energy to fight you on this.

Let's do it your way and just kill this chap Eamonn, bring him back to life and let him sort matters out.

I'm a little disappointed that the legendary John Holmes does not meat with your approval. I still think he would have given the issue a right honorable probe.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by hobbes@23 April 2004 - 18:55
    I'm a little disappointed that the legendary John Holmes does not meat with your approval.
    John Holmes only meats the approval of women, I think.

Sorry to intrude, guys.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by J'Pol@23 April 2004 - 16:11
    This is such a good idea I suspect the UK must have suggested it, but allowed the US to announce it.
    Oh gee thanks.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by Busyman+24 April 2004 - 02:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 24 April 2004 - 02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@23 April 2004 - 16:11
    This is such a good idea I suspect the UK must have suggested it, but allowed the US to announce it.
    Oh gee thanks. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t worry Busy, when the plan fails miserably, its UK origin will revealed to all.

To get the topic back on track, I think Rat brought up some good points, so I&#39;ll go with his answer.

I am going to continue living my spiderhole until things become a little more secure.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

I have no idea who either of these gentlemen are.

One thing I am a little unclear on is that, I am sure that I have been informed by my Government that things are so good in Iraq that all schools are now up and running etc., etc., Now it seems we are about to let thousands of Ba&#39;athist teachers and lecturers go back to work. Call me a pedant if you will, but won&#39;t the current teachers who are doing such a sterling job be a bit peeved? Or are we going for double manning on all jobs to get the unemployment rate down? A laudable (if expensive) exercise.

Other than my, albeit minor, quibble, this would seem like a sensible move. People who are busy earning a penny or two will not have time for charging around with AK74s and setting off bombs.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    They said schools are open.

I dont recall anyone saying there were teachers teaching anything...

Biggles, you do work for the same Civil Service as myself, you know how these things work. Government is usually very careful about how they word things, as they have a habit of biting them on the arse later.

Often, in times of adversity, parents are the teachers...often in the school buildings that were used when times are better.

In addition, there was always the appeals procedures. As teachers had to be members of the party, then this may have been taken into account in the appeals procedures (one would hope).

Unless we are told everything; and lets face it, that is not gonna happen, then we can only assume things.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@24 April 2004 - 18:05
    They said schools are open.

I dont recall anyone saying there were teachers teaching anything...

Biggles, you do work for the same Civil Service as myself, you know how these things work. Government is usually very careful about how they word things, as they have a habit of biting them on the arse later.

Often, in times of adversity, parents are the teachers...often in the school buildings that were used when times are better.

In addition, there was always the appeals procedures. As teachers had to be members of the party, then this may have been taken into account in the appeals procedures (one would hope).

Unless we are told everything; and lets face it, that is not gonna happen, then we can only assume things.

Indeed, however, I am sure the purpose of all the "feel good" statistics was to give the impression that suburbian Baghdad was somewhere we would feel safe sending our kids to school.

I was merely pointing out what I perceived as a slight inconsistency in the line we are being spun.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12