Thread: Wild Tangent Web Driver

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    My wife wants to play some games on Shockwave; "Blasterball 2" requires a download of something called "Wild Tangent Web Driver". Does anybody know what it is and why we need it? I don't want this thing to cause reg or spyware (likely) problems.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    j2k4 wild tangent is definitely a form of spyware although they dont seem to think so.Using spybot to track it down and erase it from my computer was what i did with it ,as it was already installed when i bought my computer .I dont think that its as serious as other spyware ,but it will monitor your internet connections so that they can connect you to their game servers,and they say in thier privacy policy that they dont use any of your personal identification but thats what they all say nowadays.
    It depends on your level of paranoia and whether the game your wife wants to play is worth having them inside your computer,as they will run their stuff in the background , and only a firewall will be able to tell you what they are doing while on the net. just use caution or look elsewhere for other games,im sure theres plenty of alternatives if you search on google.hope this helps.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Spykiller-It does help, and thank you VERY much. I shall inform the lady forthwith.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain