Thread: Lots O Viruses

Poster
    iam on my buddies computer and to make a long story short he wanted to know why it was running slow i ran spy bot , avg , and anti trojan 5.5 , it can up with a total of 70 spy wares , 13 viruses , 18 and counting trojans .... the resident shield on avg keeps coming with the dowloader.alchemic.a , psw.jeeb.b, downloader.winshow.v, yet but not least the sobig virus .... avg cant heal these any 1 know of a kick virus remover ...... i thinking hes going to reformat but any help is appreicated
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    First make sure you've turned off system restore if you've got xp, because that stops antivirus scanners from completely clearing systems

For an extra virus scanner try
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...=96763&hl=nod32

Or if you want an online virus scanner

Panda Active Scan
    House Call Another online virus scanner
    GFI trojan scanner BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan
    Symantec Security Scan & Virus Detection
    RAV AntiVirus Online Virus Scan
    Danish Antivirus scan

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    thanks ill give them a shot .... man his computer is so chuck full its not even funny .... sad thing is that he was on cable modem for about a year with no fire wall , anti virus , or spyware detection ..... its pretty sad really ..... lol
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Jeez on cable a yr & no pf or av.
    ... total of 70 spy wares , 13 viruses , 18 and counting trojans ....
    That's not bad really. I'd expects 100's of each if not 1000's of each on cable.

But I bet some of the trojans were protecting him. You know like, "That's my b*tch, move along."

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    rotflmfao

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I suggest formatting completely every partition then reinstalling windows. chances are, even if you manage to remove all the spyware and viruses\trojans, a lot of files are gonna be corrupted becuase of teh antivirus program trying to disinfect them. so a lot of things will need to be reinstalled, some wont be able to uninstall and give u a hard time, some windows programs wont work which are kinda hard to replace...

this happened to me a long long time ago and the only way to fix it was to just reinstall.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    yea his puter is totally jacked up iam giving up on it now, been trying to clean it up for bout 9 hours now and i still cant get everything off and some files are corrupt ...i should took a screen shot with all the crap that was on here never seen nothing like it hope i never see it again lmao thanks for the help.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    ahhhh does it ever feel good to get back to my puter ............

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by ZLOsiris@24 April 2004 - 12:22
    ahhhh does it ever feel good to get back to my puter ............
    i know that feeling.