Thread: Networking

Poster
    for me to be able to use my laptop to surf the web and get files from my pc do i need a PCI wireless card and a PC card? Do i need anything else?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    errm if you have a wireless router then u get a wifi card for ya computer and hope ya lap top supports wifi

other wise ya pc should ahev a network card and i think ya lap top would have one too - get a router/adsl modem and connect up the bad boys
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    get a wireless card for each computer, and they should find eachother fine. but I recomend using a router to share your internet connection so that in the future more computers can be hooked up, and so that they can use the internet without ur computer having to be turned on.

editL is ur internet modem usb or ethernet?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    i am using USB atm but have ethernet. My pc is always on so that is no problem.

also if u use a router could i share files over the pc and laptop?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Marius24@24 April 2004 - 12:20
    i am using USB atm but have ethernet. My pc is always on so that is no problem.

ya u can share file with a router and without teh router, and with a hub or switch.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+24 April 2004 - 17:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 24 April 2004 - 17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Marius24@24 April 2004 - 12:20
    i am using USB atm but have ethernet.&nbsp; My pc is always on so that is no problem.

ya u can share file with a router and without teh router, and with a hub or switch. [/b][/quote]
    what is the hub and switch one?