Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riaa And Others Scare Tatics On Forums

In an other move riaa and other greedy capitalist bastards trying to prevent file trading of so-called copyright files, have reached a new low by salting & baiting forums like this to try to scare p2p sharers of these files by posting storys from people who claimed to have received emails ect telling them to stop.
    Do you notice most are newbies like me.

But from what i have seen riaa and others have underestimated the intelligence and will of filesharers
    filesharing will continue for the long forseeable future.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    yea, i remember when scaretactics were just everywhere on this board

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Maybe there should be a pinned message that explains our point of view. As soon as someone (maybe a newbie) starts a thread, noone answers except a mod. He can then close the thread and point them to the pinned topic.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Since i started coming here have thought on a number of occasions that some posts were scaremonger tactics BUT i couldnt give a damn really as NEVER gonna stop me sharing...
    Nobody1234 thats a good idea of yours...lets hope one of the mods or admins take it on board

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by junkyardking@16 March 2003 - 01:40
    In an other move riaa and other greedy capitalist bastards trying to prevent file trading of so-called copyright files, have reached a new low by salting & baiting forums like this to try to scare p2p sharers of these files by posting storys from people who claimed to have received emails ect telling them to stop.
    Do you notice most are newbies like me.

But from what i seen riaa and others have underestimated the intelligence and will of filesharers
    filesharing will continue for the long forseeable future. 
    Oh I dont doubt that some people actually get letters from their ISP's.. but the truth of the matter is that very little,if anything,can be done to you for sharing your files. What they threaten to do.. and what they can actually do, are two very different things.. I have never heard of anyone being successfully prosecuted for uploading a file. Sure you have morons trying to scare people.. and IMHO, those that they are successful in scaring have no business being on a p2p program stealing my bandwidth from users that are sharing their files with me. There are options available and should always be used..you dont want to make yourself a "sitting duck." "seasoned filesharers" know the real deal.. and are not easily intimidated. Filesharing will still be here long after most of us are gone.. amen.

@ Nobody1234: Sounds like a real good idea .. I think it would really cut down on alot of this nonsense.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I agree with nobody1234's Idea too. too many scare tatics on the forum, and most of us know by now that it is bullshit anyway. they always just become the subject of spam anyway

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@16 March 2003 - 07:28
    Maybe there should be a pinned message that explains our point of view. As soon as someone (maybe a newbie) starts a thread, noone answers except a mod. He can then close the thread and point them to the pinned topic.
    yea dam right i agree. and that slap em. fook the noob.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    these "scare" Tactics don't really scare anyone so why would be bother?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    My ISP has a own homepage and every week there is a "download of the week".
    A couple of months ago kazaa lite was the "download of the week"
    2 weeks after that, Emule was the "download of the week".

So i don`t think my isp should be complaining about the people who use these programs, they rated the programs them self.
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    Oh , made a mistake.
    Emule was indeed the download of the week, look here: http://web.planet.nl/planetdownload/pd120203.shtml (it is dutch)
    Kazaa lite ++ was an "extern download" look here:
    http://web.planet.nl/planetdownload/pd220103.shtml (at the middle on the right side, also dutch)
    And normal kazaa lite and grokster both has been the download of the week, look here:
    http://web.planet.nl/planetdownload/pd030402.shtml
    Just love my ISP!

System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1