Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Setup Linskys Router ?

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I just bought a router today andi found out i need atleast 2 or 3 ethernet computers to the internet at the ame time , and i only have one. im just wondering if i am supposed to call my isp and order one from them or if i have go to the store directly and buy them.. so which one is it please ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Can someone please give me a detailed n00b guide on how to setup a linksys router, please , this is very very important , please

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Did you read the manual???

Or the diagram on the sheet??

http://192.168.1.1/

Edit
    ------
    Just noticed another thread of yours here https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...pic=110439&hl=

Why did you buy a router for, and not contemplate why you needed one?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I think what you are referring to is buying extra IP addresses from your ISP, so that you can have more than one visible computer to the modem.

If you are using a router, and not a HUB or SWITCH, then you wont have to buy those IP addresses. The router handles all the connections, and the modem will just see it as one computer being connected.

just plug in ur router, the modem's ethernet goes into the WAN port on ur router, and the computer connect to the lan port. then read the manual for further setup instructions.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    @Formula1, I merged your 2 topics. Try to keep it together.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    i was able to connect to the internet successfully with linksys wireless adapter router , but after like 10-15 minutes it disconnects from the internet for some unknown reason, can someone please help?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    DUDE!!!

Keep your threads together man, you're making this place look untidy. You have already had two of your threads merged because of this

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...pic=110446&hl=

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Formula1@25 April 2004 - 19:34
    i was able to connect to the internet successfully with linksys wireless adapter router , but after like 10-15 minutes it disconnects from the internet for some unknown reason, can someone please help?
    does the router disconnect from the internet or does the computer disconnect from the network? cause theyre two entirely differnt problems...

anyway, if its teh router disconnecting from the internet, then try going into the settings and choosing "enable re-connect" or it might be called "auto connect", something like that, it will be on the wan page.

if its the network disconnect problem, then maybe ur computer is too far away from the router.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Merged again.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    alright , the only reason i started a new topic was because they dealt with diff issues about the router.. sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast