Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last And Final Check

yep gonna kill it thx atividia

and also which of those two graphics cards should i get cuz the other one is like 25 bucks cheaper but i dunno why and should i really juss not buy a card rite now and wait for that 200 dollar one that nails was talkin bout?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    OK SCREW THIS WOW I JUSS SAW CIRCUIT CITY AD:

Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB AGP Video Card: 199.99

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by Secret Squirrel@25 April 2004 - 12:47
    OK SCREW THIS WOW I JUSS SAW CIRCUIT CITY AD:

Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB AGP Video Card: 199.99

shit u serious???

oh wait... lol it deserves to be that low after the release of the 6800 rofl

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    You may want to consider a SATA drive.
    Seagate drives seem to be the quietest. Don't be fooled into getting a power adapter though, you get one with the mobo.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    secret, what card u got now? me, i have the 9200 and sure, it doesn't play what i need it too, but it will surfice for 2-4 more weeks. if u can't wait then get that 9800 pro for $200. even though that's not really a sale. it's been that low for the longest (or close to it). pricewatch
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    update:

or

MSI nVidia 256mb GeForce FX 6800 AGP 8x graphics card w/ DVI & TV out RETAIL boxed w/ 10 Games & DVD Authoring Tools (MSI FX6800-TD256) ETA 5/7/04

Our Price: $299.00

gForce 6
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by lynx@25 April 2004 - 18:03
    Seagate drives seem to be the quietest. Don't be fooled into getting a power adapter though, you get one with the mobo.
    Wuts the difference i keep hearing "raid" or "sata"

and yah the 120 gb is a seagate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Secret Squirrel+25 April 2004 - 16:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Secret Squirrel @ 25 April 2004 - 16:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@25 April 2004 - 18:03
    Seagate drives seem to be the quietest. Don&#39;t be fooled into getting a power adapter though, you get one with the mobo.

and yah the 120 gb is a seagate [/b][/quote]
    sata is the new interface for connecting the drive to teh computer, replacing ide. its much faster (or atleast it will be) and the cables are smaller and more flexible

raid is something else, it allows you to hook up an array of drives that can ether have both mirroring eachother for security, make them share the workload of the OS to make loading times shorter, or do both at once (which i think requires 4 drives).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+25 April 2004 - 21:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 25 April 2004 - 21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Secret Squirrel@25 April 2004 - 16:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-lynx
    @25 April 2004 - 18:03
    Seagate drives seem to be the quietest. Don&#39;t be fooled into getting a power adapter though, you get one with the mobo.

sata is the new interface for connecting the drive to teh computer, replacing ide. its much faster (or atleast it will be) and the cables are smaller and more flexible

raid is something else, it allows you to hook up an array of drives that can ether have both mirroring eachother for security, make them share the workload of the OS to make loading times shorter, or do both at once (which i think requires 4 drives). [/b][/quote]
    ok thx, and what do u think of setup iz ok?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Secret Squirrel+25 April 2004 - 16:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Secret Squirrel &#064; 25 April 2004 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@25 April 2004 - 21:20
    Originally posted by Secret Squirrel@25 April 2004 - 16:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-lynx
    @25 April 2004 - 18:03

raid is something else, it allows you to hook up an array of drives that can ether have both mirroring eachother for security, make them share the workload of the OS to make loading times shorter, or do both at once (which i think requires 4 drives).
    ok thx, and what do u think of setup iz ok? [/b][/quote]
    there are no optical drives there, and no fans either, i recomend you buy 1 or 2 80mm fans at least (unless they come with ur case) cause ur cpu might overheat if it gets to hot in that case.

other than that i think its all good.

edit: nevermind, that case does come with case fans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast