Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Cannont Start Up My Computer

i turned it off because it crashed during a game now i get an error

we apoligize for that windows could not start up succecfuly. because of a recent hardware or software change

then theres these options

safemode
    safe with networking
    safe with command prombt
    last know good configureation
    start normaly

but no matter what i choose it just restarts again.... this really sucks some1 please help.

i can hit the f8 key to get all of those options but i dont know what to do with them

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i think i broke it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    what version of windows

computer spec's

what game was u playing when it crashed

more info plz

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Video: Geforce 4 Mx
    Mouse: Mouse, silver wheel 1689
    Power Supply: PS, 250 watt
    Modem: Modem, v.92 56K 1759
    LAN: LAN, 10/100 integrated
    Chassis: Chassis, Nexgen 2 main chassis frame
    CPU Fan Type: Fan, H/S Athlon 2600+
    Speaker: Speaker, SP-30A (amplified) 1691
    FDD Model: FDD, D353M3D
    ODD1: CDRW, Nexgen 48X (48X24X48) Samsung
    Chassis Assembly: Chassis assembly, Nexgen 2 chassis and fixed riveted rt panel
    MB: MB, AU31/1.3 462P
    FDD Button: Button, FDD Nexgen 2 blk (FDD 2151-FIC)
    Memory: Mem, DDR-RAM 256MB (Max. 2GB) its 512 now
    HDD: HDD, 80GB 5400rpm
    Keyboard Model: KB, premium black KB-0108,PS/2 port KBEM25030108
    CPU: CPU,ATHLON XP 2600 462P 333FSB 512K

Windows xp

i was playing lineage beta but this has happend before i restart and no problem, not this time =(. The game it crashed because my system was running low on virtual memory its happend a couple of times and i have never had this problem.. anything eles i can post to help?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well , if you cant start it in safe mode , and it just restarts , then im afraid it format time , its what you get when you run beta testing software

obviously that software has an issue with memory problem , or have you been experiencing virtual mem issues with other stuff

there are a couple of restore / repair options available to you that you could try

try f8 and boot from last good comfig

there is a repair facility on the xp cd , but i have never used it

cant realy be much more help than to suggest the format option mate

edit , oh btw have you overclocked your comp , just thinking it may have something to do with the mem issue

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by delphin460@25 April 2004 - 10:58

there is a repair facility on the xp cd , but i have never used it

cant realy be much more help than to suggest the format option mate

edit , oh btw have you overclocked your comp , just thinking it may have something to do with the mem issue
    so i didn't break it? i just format it and thats it, it's fixed? or should i try that fix thing on the xp cd first ? and yea i havnt overclocked anything

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    nah , just format and reinstall fresh xp mate , best bet , lol and stop playing beta stuff

if it continues after the reinstall then its a hardware issue , like buggy ram , or bad psu or motherboard

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    nah , just format and reinstall fresh xp mate , best bet , lol and stop playing beta stuff

that reliefs a lot of stress i can quit chain smoking now..... im already on disc two of formating, i dont keep anything important on my hd anyway so it doesnt bother me at all, thank you for the adivice i would of been staring at this repetivly clicking refresh all night chain smoking and ranting swear words to myself if you hadn't

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    and to solve those virtual memory problems in the future do this:

right click my computer>properties>click the 'advanced' tab>for performance click settings>click advanced>click change at the bottom.

you will now be at a page looking like this:

click custom size:
    • For initial Size type 300
    • For maximum Size also type 300
    now click set. then go through the long list of OK's, and restart.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@25 April 2004 - 14:26
    and to solve those virtual memory problems in the future do this:

right click my computer>properties>click the 'advanced' tab>for performance click settings>click advanced>click change at the bottom.

you will now be at a page looking like this:

click custom size:
    • For initial Size type 300
    • For maximum Size also type 300
    now click set. then go through the long list of OK's, and restart.
    Why set it at 300MB?
    You obviously have 256MB but he has 512.
    The debate over pagefile size and whether Windows should play with it has been raging for years; when Windows was changing the size all the time, everyone was saying it shouldn't do that so you should change it to a constant size. That meant people argued over the actual size to set, but eventually it appeared knowledgable geeks found the most efficient use was at 2.5x the RAM installed... which is how XP handles it. The advantage of letting XP control the size is that if more is needed it'll up it and tell you about it. I have only seen this twice when I only had 128MB installed.
    He should either set it to 768MB, as Windows would, or leave Windows managing it.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast