Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computer Takes Long Time To Shut Down

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    3223 I don't think the pro or registered version of ess is available. Just the free version afaik.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    ok im clean! next time i shut down ill let u guys know how it goes!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    And we wait in anticipation.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Just to throw something else in the mix... have you set Windows to clear the pagefile when you shut down?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Yeah, that&#39;ll make it take longer, but it&#39;s great for getting rid of tracks an fragmentation (Since on NT based machines you cannot defrag system files that are in use). If you set your system like that, you can configure the mimimum size of the page file to be smaller and not take so long to clear.

Right-click on My Computer > Click properties > Click Advances >Click Performance Settings.

Uncheck anything you don&#39;t want for better system performance. Go to advanced and at the bottom, you can configure virtual memory. I like setting the minimum almost as low as the system recommends and making the max about a gig.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    i just got the nod32 ondemand scanner. do u have to install it every time u use it cause i closed it and clicked on the exe and the installer came up again. also does it update? if it dosent i have nod32 full but i cant update it anymore cause the crack doesnt work anymore. if it doesnt update i will delete and use the nod32 i have

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    The on-demand scanner doesn&#39;t have the updating component. Theoretically you can update which would be much more trouble than it&#39;s worth. The on-demand scanner uses a non-uninstallable setup created by Inno setup because it extracts to a temporary directory and works from there.

Just use the setup each time you use it. If you can get the Full NOD32 to work, then you don&#39;t need the on-demand scanner.

BTW, for the trial code, go to the page I gave you and use the code on the bottom of the last page of that forum post. It&#39;ll work.

-- Xero Grid --

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Poster
    the last page code didnt work. i got to update>setup> then enter it right? well it didnt work for me

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Poster
    sorry i posted so late guys. it still takes 5 min to shut down&#33; what else can i do?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    reformat and start fresh&#33; should do it once a year anyway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast