Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Problem

Aurora's Avatar Say CHEEEEEEEESS
    I use Kazaa Light and I am having connecting problem for like a month. It says that there are 5, 6 sometimes even more users for that particular file, but it doesn’t connect. It just keeps connecting, sometimes even for hours. Is there maybe some option that is on, or off, that can cause something like that. Any ideas?

There is another thing. It’s not really a problem, but unusual. Before it was much faster to download movie by movie, but lately bandwidth is much faster if I download two at the time! If I pause one, the bandwidth of the other rapidly falls down. I don’t get it, no logic what so ever.

I hope someone answers,
    Thanks up front
    Aurora

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to get kanat.

so your files dont' have connectable sources.

as for the second problem, well you got me boss

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    h1
    Please post specific software / hardware / connection info.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Well if you have trouble connecting it could be because of if you are behind a router. You might need to use KaNat. Where are you located. School, work? Or just try connecting to a different port and/or different user name.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yes I do have a Router, but that wasn't a problem a month ago, when everything was fine. Nothing changed in my equipment either.

The thing is if I start downloading another movie, besides that one, it connects much easier and the bandwidth is between 20 and 35, which is really good. Weird! But it still takes more than normal, especially when there is like 5 or 6 users.

I'll check the things you told me, I'm not sure what are you exactly talking about, but I'll give it a try.

Oh and haxor41789 I’m using DSL connection, Kazaa lite, and have Pentium 4. Is that what you wanted to know?

Thank you all
    Aurora

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I found where to change supernodes. I went check status and I presume that green ones are good. Now there is Response Time, is it better if it is 1 or like 4, or maby 7? What is respones time?

And there is no source IP addresses in Dat tool, the list is empty.
    Anything else?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    P.S> where do I find that KaNat thing? It is not in tools.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Aurora@27 April 2004 - 19:08
    P.S> where do I find that KaNat thing? It is not in tools.
    then you chose not to install it when you installed klite. get it here

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    O.K. I got the KaNat, thou it is still not on the tools list in kazaa, but on my desktop as a separate program. Anyway...now what? None of these options have any meaning to me. What do I do?

I have Current Kazaa IP, and in options in AutoReplace I have: 1.Check Kazaa IP every 3 minutes, 2. Detect WAN IP every 1 hour, 3.Popup the KaNat window on errors, and 4. in 'ASM' mode: Check Kazaa IP every 3 minutes. In WAN IP Detection:bypass Internet Explorer proxy settings.
    Everything else is blank or unchecked.

So what do I change, or add or delete... Please advise

Aurora

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    P.S. What is this about hexor? Why is he trown out? It is'n my fault, is it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast