Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uk's First 3mb Service

Originally posted by ijc_2003@26 April 2004 - 20:20
    sucks you can bulldog adsl 6mb connections if you stay in london
    for under £30
    i live in london. which parts do u mean? im assuming bulldog is a broadband provider. [is that right?] can u give me info on this ijc_2003

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Poster

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    ^^ thanks.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ijc_2003@26 April 2004 - 19:20
    sucks you can bulldog adsl 6mb connections if you stay in london
    for under £30
    I only looked for a little while at their site but I couldn't find a 6mb service for under 30 quid...

And defiently not under the residential offers, they do offer a 4mb residential but at peak times it is only at half meg speeds.

PrimeTime 4000 is one of the fastest residential broadband services in the UK. And right now, it's cheaper than most 2 Mbps services, which offer only half the performance! PrimeTime 4000 features a unique 'time of day' service offering up to 4 Mbps at off-peak hours. At other times (that's 8am to 6pm weekdays) you still enjoy standard broadband at up to 512 kbps. In addition, customers will benefit from superior upstream speed of up to 400 kbps. Please note: this service is available only in Central London. Connection charge of £99.99 applies.
    And according to this page a 6mb connection would cost 99.99:

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residential/prod...e/primetime.asp

Perhaps, if you have the time, you could explain to us where you got your figures from. I'm sure they're there somewhere I'm obviously too dense to find them...

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    same here. i could only see 4mb for £30. only if u have bt line as prerequisite. ( im ntl that sucks)

*i want faster connection badly*:-(

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@27 April 2004 - 17:20
    same here. i could only see 4mb for £30. only if u have bt line as prerequisite. ( im ntl that sucks)

*i want faster connection badly*:-(
    That offer also has other conditions which don't sound too good...

I'm sure this 6mb for 30 quid is on there somewhere...

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Sounds good. Hopefully NTL will implement this soon (and forget about the 1 gig cap they were supposed to be imposing)

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    Poster
    bout i always felt sorry for ur brits with ur slower connection..... i live in the broadband capital of the world ....detroit,michigan ... yes that right the most and fastest broad band connections are right here in detroit
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ZLOsiris@27 April 2004 - 21:54
    bout i always felt sorry for ur brits with ur slower connection..... i live in the broadband capital of the world ....detroit,michigan ... yes that right the most and fastest broad band connections are right here in detroit
    You probably need a wheel barrow just to carry it down the street, eh big boy?

Thanks for answering my unasked question of where the broadband capital of the world is, that has been plaguing me for months now. So Detroit is a real place, never knew that I thought it was just made up for the film Robocop...

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    In that bbc page it said NTL were upgrading also but i cant see shit on there site.......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast