Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Silence A Noisy Hd

atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by kaiweiler+26 April 2004 - 15:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaiweiler @ 26 April 2004 - 15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by atiVidia@26 April 2004 - 16:32
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@26 April 2004 - 15:29
    <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia
    @26 April 2004 - 16:25
    rofl again, that whirling will prolly be under 20db (with adequete vibrtion absorbtion)

at which point u dont need to worry: 20db is the average ambient room noise

not on an old Quantum fireball HD, it certainly isn&#39;t under 20dBA
    on startup it spins like a bastard and is quite noisy

d00d read the full post&#33;

Sorry my bad&#33;
    think I&#39;ll try the rubber feet and set it on the bottom of my case and se if it changes any [/b][/quote]
    rofl OK&#33;

lets hope it works cuz i wanna try that too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I&#39;ll stop into the hardware store on my way home from work and pick up a few rubber stoppers and some split loom for my cables too B)
    might have a look for some foam sheets too....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Double Agent
    just buy the sonata case, pretty expensive case, it provides all the rubbergarments u need for ur hdd and everything else.

I have one and it doesn&#39;t even peep...

oh and i do use seagate hdds

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@26 April 2004 - 18:03
    just buy the sonata case, pretty expensive case, it provides all the rubbergarments u need for ur hdd and everything else.

I have one and it doesn&#39;t even peep...

oh and i do use seagate hdds

you gotta be kiddin me
    I&#39;m not buying a whole new case when chances are I can find a cheaper, more efficient way to silence it anyway&#33;
    If I win the lottery though, I&#39;ll consider it
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    heres a more expensive method (but likely to silence ur entire case)

get one of those noise cancellation units from BOSE, and remove the headfones and instead add a speaker (like one of those gay monitor-mount speakers that only has 1 cable and thats for the sound). the unit should have a microfone either built in or attached via cable. the unit is battery operated i believe so ull need to switch the batteries or plug the DC power adapter into the wall. may be a hassle but it works.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by atiVidia@26 April 2004 - 20:52

get one of those noise cancellation units from BOSE, and remove the headfones and instead add a speaker (like one of those gay monitor-mount speakers that only has 1 cable and thats for the sound). the unit should have a microfone either built in or attached via cable. the unit is battery operated i believe so ull need to switch the batteries or plug the DC power adapter into the wall. may be a hassle but it works.
    I dont understand how putting a speaker in ur case would cancle sound...lol im not saying your wrong, i just dont understand..how does that work?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx+26 April 2004 - 21:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdawgfoxx @ 26 April 2004 - 21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@26 April 2004 - 20:52

I dont understand how putting a speaker in ur case would cancle sound...lol im not saying your wrong, i just dont understand..how does that work? [/b][/quote]
    have you read his post from a month ago? somehow (proven to work) when you have double the amount of sound, it cancles out itself...

so if you have these headphones on, and there are microphones on the sides, then when the sound comes in, it gets doubled up through your ears, then just cancles out and becomes silent its really wierd, and hard to explain, maybe atividia will link to his topic...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx+26 April 2004 - 21:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdawgfoxx @ 26 April 2004 - 21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@26 April 2004 - 20:52

I dont understand how putting a speaker in ur case would cancle sound...lol im not saying your wrong, i just dont understand..how does that work? [/b][/quote]

ok u see the noise canceller i mentioned earlier???

mic---&#62;noise canceller----&#62;speaker

very simple

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+26 April 2004 - 22:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 26 April 2004 - 22:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@26 April 2004 - 21:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia
    @26 April 2004 - 20:52

I dont understand how putting a speaker in ur case would cancle sound...lol im not saying your wrong, i just dont understand..how does that work?
    have you read his post from a month ago? somehow (proven to work) when you have double the amount of sound, it cancles out itself...

so if you have these headphones on, and there are microphones on the sides, then when the sound comes in, it gets doubled up through your ears, then just cancles out and becomes silent its really wierd, and hard to explain, maybe atividia will link to his topic... [/b][/quote]
    no rofl u got it down

ill make a paint drawing to explain it l8r

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia+26 April 2004 - 22:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 26 April 2004 - 22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@26 April 2004 - 22:01
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@26 April 2004 - 21:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia
    @26 April 2004 - 20:52

so if you have these headphones on, and there are microphones on the sides, then when the sound comes in, it gets doubled up through your ears, then just cancles out and becomes silent its really wierd, and hard to explain, maybe atividia will link to his topic...
    no rofl u got it down

ill make a paint drawing to explain it l8r [/b][/quote]
    u saying I do or dont get it?

you already drew a pint picture... ur doing another?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast