Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Kerry

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    He may have been a "drunken frat boy" as you say, but that isn't what his campaign is based on. On the other hand Kerry loves to point out that he served in Vietnam over and over again.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    A few things I find relevant here:

John Kerry complains ad nauseum that the Bush campaign has made an issue out of Kerry's service in Viet Nam.

What's true is that his military record probably wouldn't be an issue at all if he himself hadn't chosen to remind us of it every five minutes; this trait started as soon as he returned from Viet Nam-he made sure every fucking thing he did was in front of a camera or recorded somehow for posterity, because his ego demanded it.

Now it biting him south of his belt-line; today he is getting hammered on the "medal" issue, not by Bushes campaign, but by ABC NEWS, because he lied about the whole thing to Peter Jennings in an interview, and a cardinal rule of the American liberal press is that you don't screw around with a Big-Three news anchor.

Peter Jennings is treating John "Effing" Kerry to a political horse-fucking of the first order, which could have the effect of clearing the decks for another candidate (see below).

To the extent that Bushes service record is an issue is a result of Kerry's insistance that his war record trumps Dubya's, therefore he's better suited to deal with terrorists, because combat experience is so important for a Commander-in-Chief.

What has been overlooked are Kerry's statements from 1992 in defense of Bill Clinton's status as a draft-dodger; he said at that time that the whole issue of military service was overblown, and mattered not in the least.

I will make here a prediction.....nay, make that two predictions:

1. John Kerry is road kill.

Now, not later-NOW.

Stick a fork in him, 'cuz he is done.

2. If the Dems decide to throw him over (excellent chance, in light of the above fact), and try to draft Saint Hillary to run instead, she will be the next Democrat casualty; Bush will beat her like a drum.

File this one, guys; DER PROGNOSTICATOR HAS SPOKEN!!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I'll go on record and say that they are both boneheads.

Guess which bonehead I;m voting for though.

Keep in mind Bush is a shit for brains speaker as well.

He also has run the country ass-backwards.
    Kerry is an idiot as well but he can't be as bad as Bush.

Bush supporters crack me up. You will blindly support an idiot and have the nerve to say he's great when it's plain as black and white that he's not.

Again I freely admit that the pool of choices is rather small.

I would like to see who Kerry's running mate is. (in case he's incapacitated)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    My body is Adelaide but my heart is in Bosnia
    hey, just wanted to ask a quick question. I don't live in America so I don't know what Bush's policies/beliefs on certain matters are.

Is he an antiabortionist?? What about capital punishment or what are his governments policies on refugees...

Maybe this is not the place to ask, but I was just interested

thanks

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by Busyman@27 April 2004 - 00:37
    Keep in mind Bush is a shit for brains speaker as well.

Bush supporters crack me up. You will blindly support an idiot and have the nerve to say he's great when it's plain as black and white that he's not.

You may say what you like about Bushes abilities as a speaker, B; Eisenhower spoke in a pretty dense and one-note fashion, too.

Nobody could summon the nerve to refer to him as the "epitome of stupidity", however.

I do wish Bush knew the correct pronunciation of the word "nuclear", but as I remember, your Nobel-prize-winner Jimmy Carter had the same difficulty, plus the the ignoble problem of "lusting" in his heart, as well as an inordinate fear of rabbits (Hobbes, are you there? ).

BTW-Carter was (and still is) often referred to by a fawning media as one of the most intelligent men to ever hold the office.

Besides which, on a personal level, none of you has heard me say or contend that Bush is infallible; quite the contrary, I have many, many problems with him.

If anyone wants to quibble about my support of Dubya, I can also cynically blame that on Democrats like Bill and Hillary Clinton, Terry McAuliffe, Tom Daschle, and Jamie Gorelick for lowering the bar so far that I'd accept less than stellar personal qualities or job performance in the Oval office.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by MalaDzen@27 April 2004 - 03:35
    I don't live in America so I don't know what Bush's policies/beliefs on certain matters are.

Is he an antiabortionist?? What about capital punishment or what are his governments policies on refugees...

Maladzen-

From what I've seen of your posting so far, I think you can safely assume he takes positions opposite your own, at least on your first two questions.

As to immigration, I'm not so sure.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    As soon as Cheney explains to Dubya what immigration is ,Bush wil be against that too.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by clocker@27 April 2004 - 06:30
    As soon as Cheney explains to Dubya what immigration is ,Bush wil be against that too.
    Morning, Clocker.

Seriously, you may be right.

In all actuality, Cheney might advise Bush why his doofus "hands-off" policy re: Mexico is, well...stupid.

BTW-I'm sure, at some level, you and I could both be described as "drunken frat boys"; do you feel any less competent for having been?

Come on now, don't be facetious-I know how accomplished you actually are.

(Please excuse gratuitous use of old-fashioned conservative charm.)

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Why was Bush chosen as the candidate for the Republican's all those years ago? He doesn't seem an obvious choice to me, i would think he would suffer badly in a debates with any reasonable accomplished politician and his public speeches aren't particularly impressive imo. I realise that being his father's son would ensure some votes, but surely not enough?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by ilw@27 April 2004 - 08:58
    Why was Bush chosen as the candidate for the Republican's all those years ago? He doesn't seem an obvious choice to me, i would think he would suffer badly in a debates with any reasonable accomplished politician and his public speeches aren't particularly impressive imo. I realise that being his father's son would ensure some votes, but surely not enough?
    ...but that's a huge start in America.

Then the great American Hype machine begins.

It's the same with alot management within private industry.

All you have to do is carry yourself well and you are considered intelligent even though you are hiding the fact you are clueless.

Look at Bush and Gore in the debates.

Most said that Bush seemed more of the statesmen. Gore came off as an ass due to his facial expressions. Forget what was actually said in the debate .
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast