Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Kerry

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by j2k4@27 April 2004 - 16:25
    I find it a bit disconcerting that everyone hates Bush so much that they would, quite literally, rather elect (Kerry aside) absolutely anybody, without the slightest concern for his/her views on any issue whatsoever, just to be rid of Bush.

To vote in a fashion that is totally devoid of reason or rationale, just to be rid of Bush?

Ever heard the phrase, "out of the frying pan and into the fire"?

Just the same-feel free: The election is Bushes to lose.
    I think that.

Ive said before, and a lot of people all over Europe and The World appear to agree with me on this (hell even a lot of Americans)....

In my opinon; Bush is the most dangerous man in the world at this moment, and as long as he is (nominally) in charge, the USA will remain the greatest threat to world peace.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+27 April 2004 - 11:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 27 April 2004 - 11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@27 April 2004 - 16:25
    I find it a bit disconcerting that everyone hates Bush so much that they would, quite literally, rather elect (Kerry aside) absolutely anybody, without the slightest concern for his/her views on any issue whatsoever, just to be rid of Bush.

To vote in a fashion that is totally devoid of reason or rationale, just to be rid of Bush?

I think that.

Ive said before, and a lot of people all over Europe and The World appear to agree with me on this (hell even a lot of Americans)....

In my opinon; Bush is the most dangerous man in the world at this moment, and as long as he is (nominally) in charge, the USA will remain the greatest threat to world peace. [/b][/quote]
    Then I hope you will allow me to express, with the utmost respect for your opinion, my belief that your view is misplaced, Rat.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by j2k4@27 April 2004 - 16:25

This is a common phenomenon. By the mid 90s the UK population would have voted for performing seals in order to get rid of the Conservatives (wait a minute.... doh&#33;&#33

Even by the second term I frequently heard people say "I don&#39;t like Blair, but at least he isn&#39;t a Conservative". Next year the UK will probably be faced with a choice between Blair or Howard. Howard is, put simply, the ghastlier. The political cartoons have him resplendant with bat wings hanging upside down and his voice echos down through the decades decrying all who disagreed with Thatcher. *shiver* - need some strong apple just thinking about it.

Know very little about Kerry and his medals. I presume he was in Vietnam and did acquit himself reasonably well. As I gather he joined the early 70s protest against the war in that country and was pleased that the US withdrew from same shortly afterwards. Presumably, Bush wholeheartedly supported the war and was desperately disappointed at its end because he was very keen to go over and show those rascals a thing or two.

It springs to mind that perhaps this not an area of debate that Bush&#39;s campaign would have chosen to fight over. I take it this is not his doing, but is actually a bit media help he wished had stayed at home?

A more suspicious mind would suggest that it was in fact a Democrat that kept raising these issues on the pretext that there was a "problem" here - but not me. B)
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    J2,

I can think of no President in recent history ( recent = my lifetime, I suppose), who has so quickly and drastically reduced America&#39;s status in the world as Bush has.

IMO he is a complete and utter disaster as a player on the world stage as well as the domestic.

Given that I can see not one redeeming feature of his past administration, then yes, I suppose you are correct in your assessment, the fire would be preferable.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Of course your entitled to your opinion j2...

On this one, you are in a minority (in global terms)...although most of the people in that minority are at least in your own country

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Even Bush&#39;s tax cut were disasterous too everyone.....but the rich.

He said the cuts were to spur job growth.

Everyone knew it wouldn&#39;t work..

Cuts taxes while we are in big deficit
    and funding a war...that he played the biggest part in getting us into

The man is ass backwards

The only thing, the onnnnly thing that Bush can credited with...and it would be in hindsight IF it works, would be bringing democracy to the Middle East.

Even if it&#39;s due to force or a bullshit reason, he will credited ....if it works.

(and it may take another 20 years)

Other than that possible "future shock" event, he has no redeeming highlights to his term here.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Originally posted by clocker@27 April 2004 - 20:01
    J2,

I can think of no President in recent history ( recent = my lifetime, I suppose), who has so quickly and drastically reduced America&#39;s status in the world as Bush has.

IMO he is a complete and utter disaster as a player on the world stage as well as the domestic.

Given that I can see not one redeeming feature of his past administration, then yes, I suppose you are correct in your assessment, the fire would be preferable.
    Clocker I think that your wrong on this one. President Bush inherited a big time problem when he took over office from Clinton. Each and every time that Clinton got into some kind of personal scandal he would attempt to divert attention from that by lobbing cruise missiles at a country. Then to make it look good he would give some bullshit speech and talk in circles.

And just so you know in 1998 Senator Kerry hand wrote a note to Clinton stating that Saddam and his regime needed to be overthrown. So its not just this administration that wanted Saddam out, the only difference is this administrating had the balls to do something about it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank+27 April 2004 - 22:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBank_Hank &#064; 27 April 2004 - 22:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@27 April 2004 - 20:01
    J2,

Clocker I think that your wrong on this one. President Bush inherited a big time problem when he took over office from Clinton. Each and every time that Clinton got into some kind of personal scandal he would attempt to divert attention from that by lobbing cruise missiles at a country. Then to make it look good he would give some bullshit speech and talk in circles.

And just so you know in 1998 Senator Kerry hand wrote a note to Clinton stating that Saddam and his regime needed to be overthrown. So its not just this administration that wanted Saddam out, the only difference is this administrating had the balls to do something about it. [/b][/quote]
    ...and didn&#39;t have the balls to tell us all the truth about why he was doing it.

That&#39;s called a lie btw.

You have a picture of a fictional soldier as your avatar but there are real soldiers giving their life for a lie.

Nice going.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Busy you still don&#39;t believe that the WMD&#39;s were ever there? What about the terror attacks of recent that were stopped where the terrorist were planning to use chemical weapons? Where do you think they got these weapons?

The character in my avatar is from a my favorite movie of all time and doesn&#39;t have anything to do with the current situation in Iraq.

The brave young men and women in our military know what they are getting into when they sign up. If they didn&#39;t believe in the cause they wouldn&#39;t sign up. No one if forced to go off to war its 100% volunteer.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast