Thread: I Need Some Creative Help

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I downloaded an image of disk 2 of GTA3, but the file was corrupted, so when I burned it, it didn't work. I got the No CD crack, and downloaded a audio pack that you place inside of the audio folder. Then the game works, but you just can't hear people talk, and you have to read the captions.

After I got it to work, I discovered that all the audio files on the disk that I thought were destroyed can be opened through GoldWave, but you just can't copy them from the disk. I need help finding a way to get the files off of the disk without opening them all one by one, and saving them in another location.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. Lounge   -   #2
    I don't think this should be in the gameworld. The fact that it was GTA3 is just a side note. The most important part has to do with copying some sound files that are in a corrupted file. What I really need is help from somebody who is good at working with sound files. Perhaps music world would be better, or put it back in the lounge or general questions, somewhere that audio people will see it.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-

3. Lounge   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Sorry dwightfry, I moved this thread to Gameworld in hopes that maybe someone had had the same problem as you with this game and knew the solution right away. If you still want it moved, let me know and I'll put it back in the lounge.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    What is the audio files extension?
    Do you still have the CD image file?
    If so, you could use WinISO to extract the contents from within the image file.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by NikkiD@14 March 2003 - 21:07
    Sorry dwightfry, I moved this thread to Gameworld in hopes that maybe someone had had the same problem as you with this game and knew the solution right away. If you still want it moved, let me know and I'll put it back in the lounge.
    yeah, that would be great.

I am going to try datamore's suggestion, but It may not work, and I think this would be more useful in the lounge.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-

6. Lounge   -   #6
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    No problem, I'll move it back, post haste.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by DataMore@14 March 2003 - 21:08
    What is the audio files extension?
    Do you still have the CD image file?
    If so, you could use WinISO to extract the contents from within the image file.
    Thanks datamore. It worked...kinda. Most of them were still corrupted, but after extracting them, I viewed them as a detailed, and I could tell which ones worked by if they had a bitrate or not...but I guess you wouldn't care about that...so THANKS.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-