Thread: Editing A .dll File?

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Ok, is there a program out there that will let me edit a .dll file? I tried ResHack, but it doesn't do it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ResHacker will only allow you to.. well.. hack the resources. You know, icons, bitmaps, .avi files and such. To change a dynamic link library, wouldn't you have to decompile it or something? You want to go through the trouble of reverse engineering? What would this be for anyway?

Curious.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I&#39;d rather not say as because I will probably get flamed, it&#39;s a ForceLibrary.dll that forces ANOTHER .dll and a program to...well...comprimise and edit certain values in a game. It doesn&#39;t recognize the process because the version of the game was v1.47 they updated to v1.48. I just need to change a couple of things so it can find it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I&#39;m not good at altering files like that. I have yet to learn a programming language yet.

So, I&#39;m afraid I can&#39;t help ya there. Sorry.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by [&#045;Crono&#045;]@27 April 2004 - 20:30
    It doesn&#39;t recognize the process because the version of the game was v1.47 they updated to v1.48. I just need to change a couple of things so it can find it.
    There&#39;s a good reason things like that won&#39;t work from one version to another, and it&#39;s not just because the version numbers are different...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    as far as i know dll files are compiled so you will have to reverse engineer it.

unless you know your asm i would just give up now.