Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do You Set Up A Bios

so if i say enterd 1 then my pc would run a os.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by wizzandabe@15 March 2003 - 12:22
    will my pc start (never been turned on vbefor) and run windows. with oyut setting up a bios?
    you will most likely to have setup the date and possably the disks (just make sure they're on auto), other than that the PC will work and install windows, it just won't be running at it's full potental.
    Also you may need to configure the CPU in the BIOS, unless your board is one of the few that still have jumpers/dip switches

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    when you say set up the dat dose this maen when my pc gets shut off (shutdown) it will rmeember the date.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by wizzandabe@15 March 2003 - 14:03
    when you say set up the dat dose this maen when my pc gets shut off (shutdown) it will rmeember the date.
    yes, all settings are save on the CMOS, which is the reason there is a little battery on the board, it keeps the clock going

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    so will i need to install the bios if i am upgrading my hdd and insatlling a new os on it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by wizzandabe@15 March 2003 - 14:21
    so will i need to install the bios if i am upgrading my hdd and insatlling a new os on it.
    if you add/remove a disk from the machine then the BIOS will need to be changed to reflect this, these days disk detection is left on auto so nothing will need to be done.

you will need to make sure that the boot device is set to the right disk for where you are installing the OS.

the manual should tell you how to configure both of those options

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    yea so i jsut det the drive to master. installing it about 3 o clock. so plz reply quick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12